London Banter

-   -   Family Affairs Intro (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/694-family-affairs-intro.html)

Chris Read September 13th 03 04:07 PM

Family Affairs Intro

"Bondee" wrote:

And Grange Hill. One series it's in East London, the next it's in
Liverpool.

'Grange Hill' was in north London, not east. I think the precise location
was supposed to be somewhere in the Islington/Harringay area. Indeed, I
remember in a early episode a class were taken for a walk along the trackbed
of the Finsbury Park - Highgate line. The latest series is filmed 'up north'
alongside Hollyoaks and Brookside, but is not officially set in any
particular city, as evidenced by the variety of accents on display.

Of course the 'real' Grange Hill, on the Central Line, isn't in east London
either, but in the Epping Forest district of Essex county.

Chris

Stuart September 14th 03 12:38 AM

Family Affairs Intro

cookie wrote:
Apologies for the slightly off topic posting, but I was channel surfing and
came across family affairs on channel five this evening.

I just wondered where the real "Charnham Station" was?? Also, IIRC, a
Citaro is featured in the sequence.

Is family affairs set in Metroland or somewhere similar (looks like Western
Avenue as the sequence speeds along)??

If it helps the programme was originally filmed in studios in Uxbridge,
but has since moved to the Thames studios in Merton - also home of The Bill