Old July 21st 08, 04:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default travelcards on oyster question

I'm running around south London tomorrow, croydon and down to cheam,
as there will be alot of it on NR trains I need a travelcard for the
day, can I get my local shop to load a 1-6 1day travel card onto my
oyster or do I have to go old-school piece of card?
--
Mark Varley
www.MarkVarleyPhoto.co.uk

Old July 21st 08, 04:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , MarkVarley -
MVP writes

I'm running around south London tomorrow, croydon and down to cheam,
as there will be alot of it on NR trains I need a travelcard for the
day, can I get my local shop to load a 1-6 1day travel card onto my
oyster

No

or do I have to go old-school piece of card?

Yes
Old July 21st 08, 05:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 17:21:44 +0100, Steve Fitzgerald
] wrote this gibberish:

In message , MarkVarley -
MVP writes

I'm running around south London tomorrow, croydon and down to cheam,
as there will be alot of it on NR trains I need a travelcard for the
day, can I get my local shop to load a 1-6 1day travel card onto my
oyster

No

or do I have to go old-school piece of card?

Yes

cheers.
then tomorrow I'll be a bit retro then I guess :-) I just have to
resist the temptation to get my oyster card out for tubes, busses and
trams.