Old August 18th 08, 02:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default OT - Cencus and boat addresses - was(Post Office Alley in Chiswick, London)

On Thu, Aug 07, 2008 at 01:23:47PM +0100, John Rowland wrote:

If the pizza boy has two brain cells to rub together he will figure out that
lower flats tend to have lower doorbells, and flats with people awake late
at night tend to have lights on.

What if the bells are next to each other, and both flats have *some* lights
on?

And anyway, if he had two brain cells to rub together he'd be doing
something more lucrative than delivering pizzas.

PLEASE NOTE: This message was meant to offend everyone equally,
regardless of race, creed, sexual orientation, politics, choice
of beer, operating system, mode of transport, or their editor.

Old August 18th 08, 02:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, Aug 08, 2008 at 11:35:52AM +0200, Jarle H Knudsen wrote:
On Thu, 07 Aug 2008 13:06:24 +0100, David Cantrell wrote:
Normally it doesn't matter, of course, but it does matter
when I'm trying to do something like order a pizza late at night and
want the delivery boy to ring *my* doorbell and not have to guess at
random between mine and my upstairs neighbour's.

Why doesn't the delivery person just call you?

Because I didn't give him my phone number, because the website didn't
ask me for it, because the website was designed by idiots who thought
that the PAF address would be sufficient.

And because my phone is turned off in the evenings.

Deck of Cards: $1.29.
"101 Solitaire Variations" book: $6.59.
Cheap replacement for the one thing Windows is good at: priceless
-- Shane Lazarus