London Banter

-   -   ELL works at Croydon and Crystal Palace (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/7012-ell-works-croydon-crystal-palace.html)

Paul Scott July 30th 08 11:32 AM

ELL works at Croydon and Crystal Palace

Is anyone aware of any detailed info about the Network Rail sponsored
alterations for the ELL at Crystal Palace, West Croydon and South Croydon
(new to me too), apparently due for completion Feb 2009 according to this
short summary found by Google:

http://www.colasrail.co.uk/east_london.htm

I've read elsewhere that the West Croydon alterations produce a 'centre
turnback', but don't Southern use a bay at one side at the moment?

Is this flagging up a possibility of some Southern services moving to South
Croydon to make more room for the ELL's 4 tph service turnbacks at WC?
Seems that this area of the ELLP works is not as well documented than all
the stuff in the core section and around New Cross Gate...

Paul S

Paul Scott July 30th 08 11:53 AM

"Paul Scott" wrote in message
Is anyone aware of any detailed info about the Network Rail sponsored
alterations for the ELL at Crystal Palace, West Croydon and South Croydon
(new to me too), apparently due for completion Feb 2009 according to this
short summary found by Google:

http://www.colasrail.co.uk/east_london.htm

I've read elsewhere that the West Croydon alterations produce a 'centre
turnback', but don't Southern use a bay at one side at the moment?

Is this flagging up a possibility of some Southern services moving to
South Croydon to make more room for the ELL's 4 tph service turnbacks at
WC? Seems that this area of the ELLP works is not as well documented than
all the stuff in the core section and around New Cross Gate...

Duh... by remarkable coincidence, Mr Thant's latest blog update covers
Crystal Palace and West Croydon:

http://londonconnections.blogspot.com/

Paul

asdf July 30th 08 03:45 PM

On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 12:32:06 +0100, Paul Scott wrote:

Is this flagging up a possibility of some Southern services moving to South
Croydon to make more room for the ELL's 4 tph service turnbacks at WC?

At a guess, it's for the Southern WLL services, which (if I've been
following) are to be cut back from Brighton to South Croydon.

Paul Scott July 30th 08 05:10 PM

"asdf" wrote in message
On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 12:32:06 +0100, Paul Scott wrote:

Is this flagging up a possibility of some Southern services moving to
South
Croydon to make more room for the ELL's 4 tph service turnbacks at WC?

At a guess, it's for the Southern WLL services, which (if I've been
following) are to be cut back from Brighton to South Croydon.

That sounds logical, but the announcement I linked to, and another site I
looked up, reckon it's an ELL related contract - surely with all the 'bean
counting' that's involved nowadays they wouldn't be able to hide a WLL issue
under an ELL contract?

Paul