London Banter

-   -   BBC: Attempt to "Save" Lost Euston Arch (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/7015-bbc-attempt-save-lost-euston.html)

1506 July 31st 08 07:39 PM

BBC: Attempt to "Save" Lost Euston Arch

On Jul 31, 11:33*am, "Paul" wrote:

I keep forgetting to check when I'm up at Euston, but am I right in thinking
the arch would not have been in the way of the 1960s development anyway?

IIRC The "old" Euston was closer to Euston Road. So I think you are
corect. However, last time I saw the Euston Arch I was a child. The
memories are hazy at best.

Stimpy July 31st 08 07:46 PM

BBC: Attempt to "Save" Lost Euston Arch

On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 20:39:31 +0100, 1506 wrote
On Jul 31, 11:33*am, "Paul" wrote:

I keep forgetting to check when I'm up at Euston, but am I right in thinking
the arch would not have been in the way of the 1960s development anyway?

IIRC The "old" Euston was closer to Euston Road. So I think you are
corect. However, last time I saw the Euston Arch I was a child. The
memories are hazy at best.

It was about halfway between the current Euston and the Euston Road

Neil Williams July 31st 08 07:57 PM

BBC: Attempt to "Save" Lost Euston Arch

On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 20:46:33 +0100, Stimpy
wrote:

It was about halfway between the current Euston and the Euston Road

The BBC photo page seems to think it was roughly where I thought it
was, which was directly in the way of lengthening the suburban
platforms.

Neil

--
Neil Williams