London Banter

-   -   BBC: Attempt to "Save" Lost Euston Arch (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/7016-bbc-attempt-save-lost-euston.html)

1506 July 31st 08 07:59 PM

BBC: Attempt to "Save" Lost Euston Arch

On Jul 31, 12:56*pm, Charlie Hulme
wrote:
Paul wrote:

I keep forgetting to check when I'm up at Euston, but am I right in thinking
the arch would not have been in the way of the 1960s development anyway?

I read somewhere that the demolition contractor offered
to re-erect it somewhere else at his own expense, but
the offer was refused. Is that just a legend?

I can't say for sure, one way or the other. But, that story has been
around for a long time. I suspect that it is true.