Old August 6th 08, 05:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default RMLs back in service

I noticed RML2760 on the 15 heritage route this morning. I thought the
heritage routes were supposed only to be using re-engined RMs which
doesn't include RMLs. Or have I missed something?

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Old August 6th 08, 08:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On 6 Aug, 21:04, Thomas Covenant wrote:
On Wed, 6 Aug 2008 18:30 +0100 (BST), (Colin

Rosenstiel) wrote:
I noticed RML2760 on the 15 heritage route this morning. I thought the
heritage routes were supposed only to be using re-engined RMs which
doesn't include RMLs. Or have I missed something?

RML2760 makes the occasional foray onto the 15, and RML2735 has been
known to escape from Westbourne Park onto the 9, but neither is that
common.

I thought it was mainly RMLs that got re-engined a few years ago. Or
is this a new kind of engine that has now gone into RMs?

Incidentally, I've noticed Routemasters turning up on DLR replacement
work, along with a hotchpotch of things.
Old August 6th 08, 09:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Rosenstiel) wrote:
I noticed RML2760 on the 15 heritage route this morning. I thought the
heritage routes were supposed only to be using re-engined RMs which
doesn't include RMLs. Or have I missed something?

RML2760 makes the occasional foray onto the 15, and RML2735 has been
known to escape from Westbourne Park onto the 9, but neither is that
common.

I thought it was mainly RMLs that got re-engined a few years ago. Or
is this a new kind of engine that has now gone into RMs?

Incidentally, I've noticed Routemasters turning up on DLR replacement
work, along with a hotchpotch of things.

There were at least three RMLs (in red but not London ones) operating the
Glastonbury/Castle Cary station shuttle during the festival.

Old August 7th 08, 12:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london

MIG wrote:

Incidentally, I've noticed Routemasters turning up on DLR replacement
work.

Isn't that going to annoy wheechair users?

Old August 7th 08, 09:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On 7 Aug, 01:27, "John Rowland"
wrote:
MIG wrote:

Incidentally, I've noticed Routemasters turning up on DLR replacement
work.

Isn't that going to annoy wheechair users?

Most of the time I should think they'd prefer the vestigial DLR
service, but in any case there are plenty of other buses in use.
Old August 7th 08, 10:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Aug 7, 1:27 am, "John Rowland"
wrote:
Incidentally, I've noticed Routemasters turning up on DLR replacement
work.

Isn't that going to annoy wheechair users?

Whee!

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org

June Underground News - the owl on the back cover John Rowland London Transport 1 May 29th 04 08:52 AM
Bendibuses back but .... David B London Transport 1 April 3rd 04 10:51 PM
I've been to London for business meetings and told myself that I'd be back to see London for myself. (rather than flying one day and out the next) I've used the tube briefly and my questions a Stuart Teo London Transport 4 January 30th 04 03:57 PM
Back to buses. Kat London Transport 14 January 19th 04 07:20 PM
trains into Waterloo - back to nomal? Tim London Transport 8 January 12th 04 06:26 PM