London Banter

-   -   M25 pick up (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/7102-m25-pick-up.html)

Roland Perry August 21st 08 07:51 AM

M25 pick up

In message , at 21:12:39 on
Wed, 20 Aug 2008, Zen83237 remarked:
Not the easiest of stations to find but then neither is Chorleywood.

It's pretty obvious if you come in over the common.

Mike P August 21st 08 08:52 AM

M25 pick up

wrote:
"Mike P" wrote in message
eastender wrote:
For someone driving round the M1- M3 stretch of the M25 what would
be a good pick up station to collect someone on the way? ie, someone
coming from central London? I'm thinking Uxbridge, but maybe there's
a better one?

thx

E.

Hillingdon or West Ruislip if they are using the tube. Both stations
have car parks and are 5 mins (in non-rush hour) traffic from the
M25. I'd say West Ruislip is better if they are using the tube - the
central line is quicker usually.

Mike P

West Ruislip has better parking that Hillingdon.

I've never measured the capacity, but they both have fairly large car parks.

Mike P

Mike P August 21st 08 08:54 AM

M25 pick up

Zen83237 wrote:
"Mike P" wrote in message
eastender wrote:
For someone driving round the M1- M3 stretch of the M25 what would
be a good pick up station to collect someone on the way? ie, someone
coming from central London? I'm thinking Uxbridge, but maybe there's
a better one?

thx

E.

Hillingdon or West Ruislip if they are using the tube. Both stations
have car parks and are 5 mins (in non-rush hour) traffic from the
M25. I'd say West Ruislip is better if they are using the tube - the
central line is quicker usually.

Mike P

Not the easiest of stations to find but then neither is Chorleywood.

Kevin

Eh? Come off the A40 at the Hillingdon turn and turn left / right depending
on whether you are coming in or out of London. Drive straight for about a
mile and a half. It's there on the main road.

Mike P

Adrian August 21st 08 09:02 AM

M25 pick up

Roland Perry gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying:

I leave the M25 at Chorleywood and I am glad that I don't join the
motorway here in the morning. The queues are often back to the Sarrat
turn.

What are the queues like at J17, which is where the OP would have been
exiting?

Non-existant, for Chorleywood, but it's a bit back-lane.
It can be a bit slow heading towards Ricky, though.

Adrian August 21st 08 09:02 AM

M25 pick up

Roland Perry gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying:

Not the easiest of stations to find but then neither is Chorleywood.

It's pretty obvious if you come in over the common.

....or follow the sign off the main road...

Roland Perry August 21st 08 11:29 AM

M25 pick up

In message , at 09:02:07 on Thu, 21
Aug 2008, Adrian remarked:
I leave the M25 at Chorleywood and I am glad that I don't join the
motorway here in the morning. The queues are often back to the Sarrat
turn.

What are the queues like at J17, which is where the OP would have been
exiting?

Non-existant, for Chorleywood, but it's a bit back-lane.

Thanks; that's the way I was recommending the OP went, so glad there
isn't a hidden gotcha.