Old August 30th 08, 01:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default Kings Cross validators

Four sets of smartcard validators have now been fitted on each side of
the entrance arches to Kings Cross opposite platforms 1-8. They are
not comissioned yet.

Old August 30th 08, 07:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Q Q is offline

"Matthew Dickinson" wrote in message
Four sets of smartcard validators have now been fitted on each side of
the entrance arches to Kings Cross opposite platforms 1-8. They are
not comissioned yet.

BHK has had some enabling works done a few weeks ago (by the looks of it)
for them too, and when I went through HAN today they had been installed
there too - all be it non working.

Old August 30th 08, 10:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On Aug 30, 7:44*pm, "Q" ..@.. wrote:
"Matthew Dickinson" wrote in message

Four sets of smartcard validators have now been fitted on each side of
the entrance arches to Kings Cross opposite platforms 1-8. They are
not comissioned yet.

BHK has had some enabling works done a few weeks ago (by the looks of it)
for them too, and when I went through HAN today they had been installed
there too - all be it non working.

HAN as in Hanwell?
~cj
Old August 31st 08, 11:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 00:42:01 +0100, Paul G
wrote:

In message
,
writes
On Aug 30, 7:44*pm, "Q" ..@.. wrote:
"Matthew Dickinson" wrote in message

Four sets of smartcard validators have now been fitted on each side of
the entrance arches to Kings Cross opposite platforms 1-8. They are
not comissioned yet.

BHK has had some enabling works done a few weeks ago (by the looks of it)
for them too, and when I went through HAN today they had been installed
there too - all be it non working.

HAN as in Hanwell?
~cj

Just noted two outside Goodmayes Station tonight (switched off).

Interesting observations. Looks like there is a concerted programme of
work to get validators installed on at least 3 TOCs (FCC, FGW, NXEA).
Any signs of life south of the river?

--
Paul C

Old August 31st 08, 11:15 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On Aug 31, 11:06*am, Paul Corfield wrote:

Interesting observations. *Looks like there is a concerted programme of
work to get validators installed on at least 3 TOCs (FCC, FGW, NXEA).
Any signs of life south of the river?

When I asked FCC about ITSO on one of their online "meet the managers"
forums they said they had no plans because it wasn't in their
franchise
agreement. Is this about something different?

Ganesh
Old August 31st 08, 11:26 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On 31 Aug, 11:15, Ganesh Sittampalam
wrote:
Interesting observations. *Looks like there is a concerted programme of
work to get validators installed on at least 3 TOCs (FCC, FGW, NXEA).
Any signs of life south of the river?

When I asked FCC about ITSO on one of their online "meet the managers"
forums they said they had no plans because it wasn't in their
franchise
agreement. Is this about something different?

Yes - it's about Oyster prepay implementation for suburban services
within z1-6.

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org
Old August 31st 08, 12:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On Aug 31, 11:06*am, Paul Corfield wrote:

Interesting observations. *Looks like there is a concerted programme of
work to get validators installed on at least 3 TOCs (FCC, FGW, NXEA).
Any signs of life south of the river?

None in SouthEastern-land yet, more's the pity... SouthEastern appear
to be the only TOC who haven't made any sort of firm commitment to
accepting Oyster, so I have no great hopes of anything happening soon.
Old August 31st 08, 12:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message

Four sets of smartcard validators have now been fitted on each side
of
the entrance arches to Kings Cross opposite platforms 1-8. They are
not comissioned yet.

Interesting observations. Looks like there is a concerted programme of
work to get validators installed on at least 3 TOCs (FCC, FGW, NXEA).
Any signs of life south of the river?

I've just seen newly installed supports for smartcard validators as far away
as Woolston (near Southampton). Doubt they'll be reading Oyster though...

Back to the OP in this thread however, these new validators at KX are
presumably just extras, PAYG is already valid there, but I guess validators
were a bit thin on the ground on the direct route from the mainline
platforms to the tube ticket hall?

Paul S

Old August 31st 08, 01:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On 31 Aug, 12:50, "Paul Scott" wrote:
[King's Cross mainline platforms]
PAYG is already valid there, but I guess validators
were a bit thin on the ground on the direct route from the mainline
platforms to the tube ticket hall?

Only to Finsbury Park though, which I can't imagine is that useful to
all that many people on the mainline station. So the extra validators
are in preparation for an extension of prepay that will make them more
useful...

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org