London Banter

-   -   Station bus maps on National Rail website (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/7131-station-bus-maps-national-rail.html)

John Rowland August 30th 08 09:45 PM

Station bus maps on National Rail website

http://nationalrail.co.uk/stations/kbn/busmaps.html

There are numerous errors in them, but I still think they're more useful
than Spider maps!

Colin Rosenstiel August 31st 08 08:12 AM

Station bus maps on National Rail website

In article ,
(John Rowland) wrote:

http://nationalrail.co.uk/stations/kbn/busmaps.html

There are numerous errors in them, but I still think they're more
useful than Spider maps!

Empty page here (other than ads, etc).

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Richard J.[_2_] August 31st 08 10:28 AM

Station bus maps on National Rail website

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
In article ,
(John Rowland) wrote:

http://nationalrail.co.uk/stations/kbn/busmaps.html

There are numerous errors in them, but I still think they're more
useful than Spider maps!

Empty page here (other than ads, etc).

Try reducing text size on your browser.
--
Richard J.

tim..... August 31st 08 10:58 AM

Station bus maps on National Rail website

"Richard J." wrote in message
om...
Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
In article ,
(John Rowland) wrote:

http://nationalrail.co.uk/stations/kbn/busmaps.html

There are numerous errors in them, but I still think they're more
useful than Spider maps!

Empty page here (other than ads, etc).

Try reducing text size on your browser.

What an absolutely crap way of making it work.

have they never heard of having to be "friendly" to disabled people, why do
they think that the different text sizes are then in the first place?

tim

Colin Rosenstiel August 31st 08 11:06 AM

Station bus maps on National Rail website

In article ,
(Richard J.) wrote:

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
In article ,
(John Rowland) wrote:

http://nationalrail.co.uk/stations/kbn/busmaps.html

There are numerous errors in them, but I still think they're more
useful than Spider maps!

Empty page here (other than ads, etc).

Try reducing text size on your browser.

Wow! What a silly arrangement - nothing at all, not even a clue on screen,
until I reduce the text size to smaller.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

John Rowland August 31st 08 11:33 AM

Station bus maps on National Rail website

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
In article ,
(Richard J.) wrote:

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
In article ,
(John Rowland) wrote:

http://nationalrail.co.uk/stations/kbn/busmaps.html

There are numerous errors in them, but I still think they're more
useful than Spider maps!

Empty page here (other than ads, etc).

Try reducing text size on your browser.

Wow! What a silly arrangement - nothing at all, not even a clue on
screen, until I reduce the text size to smaller.

Not even if you scroll down?

Richard J.[_2_] August 31st 08 11:47 AM

Station bus maps on National Rail website

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
In article ,
(Richard J.) wrote:

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
In article ,
(John Rowland) wrote:

http://nationalrail.co.uk/stations/kbn/busmaps.html

There are numerous errors in them, but I still think they're more
useful than Spider maps!

Empty page here (other than ads, etc).

Try reducing text size on your browser.

Wow! What a silly arrangement - nothing at all, not even a clue on
screen, until I reduce the text size to smaller.

On my PC, using either IE7 or Firefox3, the maps are below all the text at
larger text sizes ('medium' or above in IE7). It's a problem I find on
several sites, with images completely invisible on some, as Colin found on
his computer. In the TfL Journey Planner, the journey details (screen '3')
have the times obscured by graphics on all but the smallest text setting. I
agree with Tim; it's just sloppy website design.
--
Richard J.

Colin Rosenstiel August 31st 08 01:16 PM

Station bus maps on National Rail website

In article ,
(John Rowland) wrote:

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
In article ,
(Richard J.) wrote:

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
In article ,
(John Rowland) wrote:

http://nationalrail.co.uk/stations/kbn/busmaps.html

There are numerous errors in them, but I still think they're more
useful than Spider maps!

Empty page here (other than ads, etc).

Try reducing text size on your browser.

Wow! What a silly arrangement - nothing at all, not even a clue on
screen, until I reduce the text size to smaller.

Not even if you scroll down?

No. I did check that. this is on a window that's at least 1024 by 768.

On the maps themselves, I had a closer look at a station whose area I
know better, Putney, http://nationalrail.co.uk/stations/put/busmaps.html.
The map is fairly useless because it doesn't indicate which route follows
which line and the choice of bus stop slightly bizarre, including some
stops on Putney Bridge while ignoring some closer ones. I'm none the
wiser which route meanders through the residential back streets of West
Putney, a route I haven't come across before.

--
Colin Rosenstiel