London Banter

-   -   Tubelines in Metroland (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/7186-tubelines-metroland.html)

Kev October 7th 08 03:20 PM

Tubelines in Metroland

I was driving to work between Chorley Wood and Little Chalfont this
morning and a Tubelines van pulled across in front of me nearly
causing a crash. Why are Tubelines out in Metronet country?

chunky munky October 7th 08 04:52 PM

Tubelines in Metroland

On Oct 7, 4:20*pm, Kev wrote:
I was driving to work between Chorley Wood and Little Chalfont this
morning and a Tubelines van pulled across in front of me nearly
causing a crash. Why are Tubelines out in Metronet country?

Most likely an postman or an ERU delivery.

Tube Lines operate these and refuse collections for the whole network.

Roland Perry October 7th 08 05:12 PM

Tubelines in Metroland

In message
, at
09:52:44 on Tue, 7 Oct 2008, chunky munky
remarked:
Why are Tubelines out in Metronet country?

Most likely an postman or an ERU delivery.

Tube Lines operate these and refuse collections for the whole network.

Too difficult to accept collections for the whole network?

John B October 7th 08 05:55 PM

Tubelines in Metroland

On Oct 7, 6:12*pm, Roland Perry wrote:
Why are Tubelines out in Metronet country?

Most likely an postman or an ERU delivery.

Tube Lines operate these and refuse collections for the whole network.

Too difficult to accept collections for the whole network?

*groan*

Just in case anyone isn't up there with the jargon, ERU is "emergency
response unit" - i.e. the chaps who deal with persons-under-trains,
derailments, etc.

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org

chunky munky October 8th 08 07:36 AM

Tubelines in Metroland

On Oct 7, 6:55*pm, John B wrote:
On Oct 7, 6:12*pm, Roland Perry wrote:

Why are Tubelines out in Metronet country?

Most likely an postman or an ERU delivery.

Tube Lines operate these and refuse collections for the whole network.

Too difficult to accept collections for the whole network?

*groan*

Just in case anyone isn't up there with the jargon, ERU is "emergency
response unit" - i.e. the chaps who deal with persons-under-trains,
derailments, etc.

--
John Band
john at johnband dot orgwww.johnband.org

But spend more time delivering parts (such as during signal and track
failures), putting in Temporary Speed Restriction boards, attending
flooding with their pumps and the like.

D7666 October 12th 08 12:54 PM

Tubelines in Metroland

On Oct 8, 8:36 am, chunky munky wrote:

Why are Tubelines out in Metronet country?

It is a common misconception that Tube Lines run 1/3 of the
Underground due to being 3 lines JNP (3 lines) while Metronet are 2/3
network and 6 lines (BCV + SSL) so people think Metronet is twice as
big as Tube Lines.

Tube Lines in fact operates the lines over which 45% of all LU train
miles run (last time I added up the WTT miles that is), runs the
network wide ERU, and also Transplant. It is a bigger concern than
most people seem to realise.

--
Nick

chunky munky October 12th 08 05:31 PM

Tubelines in Metroland

On Oct 12, 1:54*pm, D7666 wrote:
On Oct 8, 8:36 am, chunky munky wrote:

Why are Tubelines out in Metronet country?

It is a common misconception that Tube Lines run 1/3 of the
Underground due to being 3 lines JNP (3 lines) while Metronet are 2/3
network and 6 lines (BCV + SSL) so people think Metronet is twice as
big as Tube Lines.

Tube Lines in fact operates the lines over which 45% of all LU train
miles run (last time I added up the WTT miles that is), runs the
network wide ERU, and also Transplant. It is a bigger concern than
most people seem to realise.

--
Nick

As well as collecting refuse from every station and being fleet
managers for all LUL and InfraCo vehicles.