Old October 7th 08, 05:30 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Southern East Croydon to Milton Keynes service issues

On Oct 7, 4:20*pm, Paul Weaver wrote:
On 7 Oct, 15:54, "Paul Scott" wrote:

A bit of an issue for the upcoming WLL services?

Southern have applied to ORR for the proposed Dec 08 service, but there are
problems because (if I'm reading correctly) Network Rail believe the WCML
Moderation of Competition agreement prevents them allowing a service that
calls at Wembley Central and Kensington Olympia en route from EC to MK....

They mention the pickup/dropoff restrictions at Wembley to get around
the MOC. We'll have a ridiculous situation of passanger for Olympia
changing onto the overground at SPB.

The only competing flow I can see is MKC-WFJ, if Virgin are going to
run any of those services in the new timetable.

Virgin West Coast don't serve Wembley, or Olympia, have never done,
and will never do. I assume they are worried about a loss of MKC-London traffic, with people going with a cheaper MKC-Wembley/Olympia

and tubing in. I assume they think Harrow is too far away to be
bothered with, and London Midland already run services there anyway.

Shepherds Bush would be the obvious destination for anyone wanting to
avoid a Euston trip, but it isn't a London Terminal (although Vauxhall
is)

Another question is why provision for the restoration of the north of
Watford part of the Rugby - Brighton services wasn't included, when
they were cut back to Watford Junction in order for the West Coast
Upgrade programme to happen. Connex South Central certainly ran some
trains which Virgin are trying to claim break their agreement (i.e.
starting from Clapham Junction, calling at Kensington Olympia and
running to Milton Keynes). I think that the Wembley Central stops were
introduced after Virgin's new agreement though.

Maybe Govia should pull a fast one and hand the services over to
London Midland at Wembley Central, as London Midland are allowed to
call at Wembley Central, if they so choose (see that 00.34 and 02.00
trains ex Euston).

Old October 7th 08, 06:02 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

The bit I notice with interest is the mention of 319s;

4.8 Specified equipment Where the proposed amendment contains changes
to specified equipment (rolling stock), please give full details,
including timescales, and the extent to which the vehicle and route
acceptance procedure in the Network Code (Part F) has been completed
4.49-4.50
There are no changes to specified equipment proposed in this
Supplemental Agreement. All additional or amended services will be
operated with Southern’s existing specified equipment, primarily Class
377 rolling stock, however there is a possibility that we may use
Class 319 stock occasionally on these services.