Old October 17th 08, 12:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default thameslinkprogramme.co.uk

In article ,
wrote:
In article ,
(Sarah Brown) wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

Cambridge-KX is 4x20M 365s off peak now, though the peaks run on

later than elsewhere perhaps. The 10:20 Cambridge-KX is 8 cars for
example but the 15:45 KX-Lynn which can load pretty full,
especially on Fridays, is a single unit. The 19:15 KX-Cambridge
and 19:45 KX-Lynn are 8 cars, the latter splitting at Cambridge,
as is the 20:45 Cambridge-KX (the 19:15's return working) but
that's to get stock back to Hornsey I expect.

The 21:15 KX departure is 8 cars as well.

and splits at Cambridge then.

Yes. It's actually one of FCC's best ket secrets - arrives in
Cambridge station while the massed hordes from the 20:52 departure are
still ambling out of the station, yet is 8 coaches of almost deserted
bliss.

There have been times when I've got on the front half and had an
entire carriage to myself.
Old October 21st 08, 04:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Scott wrote:
"D7666" wrote in message

But , as has been pointed out elsewhere, the maps on that site are
out of date, as is some of the info.

Post 12/2015 it seems to be everyone elses understanding that
Wimbledon / Sutton loop is being disconnected from Thameslink because
there is no 12car platform upgrade on those parts of the network. Yet
the TL-program web site still shows it included post 2015.

I have fired off a query to them about this ....... will report as
and when.

I thought it a little odd that the south of the river hasn't caught
up with the SL RUS too, but I guess they'll just say the RUS
consultation isn't yet, while denying the real reason is that they've
just trotted out the same old stuff as previously.

Ah...

That's the wrong RUS it turns out, it's the South Central franchise that's
still being consulted on, the earlier South London RUS is an established
document since March 2008, so I've bounced them a question as well, asking
why their route info contradicts the RUS. I guess if more people seek
clarification they might fix it, but I'm not holding my breath...

Paul