London Banter

-   -   No Trains Today (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/7226-no-trains-today.html)

Edward Cowling London UK October 29th 08 06:37 PM

No Trains Today

We have officially joined the third world.

After a cold night and about half an inch of snow I went to Palmers
Green Station this morning to get my train to work. Did I find a slight
delay on the arrivals board. Or a guy in uniform telling everyone when a
train might arrive.

No !! I found the door closed and a piece of A4 copy paper sellotaped
to the door with "No Trains Here Today" scribbled on it in marker pen.

What a bloody useless shower First Capital Connect are !!

--
Edward Cowling "Time is not your enemy, forever is !!"

David Biddulph October 30th 08 07:10 AM

No Trains Today

"Edward Cowling London UK" wrote in message
We have officially joined the third world.

After a cold night and about half an inch of snow I went to Palmers Green
Station this morning to get my train to work. Did I find a slight delay on
the arrivals board. Or a guy in uniform telling everyone when a train
might arrive.

No !! I found the door closed and a piece of A4 copy paper sellotaped to
the door with "No Trains Here Today" scribbled on it in marker pen.

What a bloody useless shower First Capital Connect are !!

According to http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/servic...s/cleared.html
the problems were "overhead wire problems in the Hertford North area", so of
course down to network Rail, not FCC, but I agree that the station operators
should have given more information, including reference to the replacement
bus service. I see that there are delays today, for the same reason.
--
David Biddulph

Boltar October 31st 08 10:54 AM

No Trains Today

On Oct 30, 8:10 am, "David Biddulph" groups [at] biddulph.org.uk
wrote:
No !! I found the door closed and a piece of A4 copy paper sellotaped to
the door with "No Trains Here Today" scribbled on it in marker pen.

What a bloody useless shower First Capital Connect are !!

According tohttp://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/cleared.html
the problems were "overhead wire problems in the Hertford North area", so of

This does seem to happen more often that is reasonable. Why can't they
make catenary thats a bit more robust? Or failing that just dump it
and install 3rd rail on the commuter routes and keep 25KV for high
speed services only. Yeah I know , will never happen. Pity.

B2003

Barry Salter November 1st 08 08:55 AM

No Trains Today

David Biddulph wrote:

According to http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/servic...s/cleared.html
the problems were "overhead wire problems in the Hertford North area", so of
course down to network Rail, not FCC, but I agree that the station operators
should have given more information, including reference to the replacement
bus service. I see that there are delays today, for the same reason.

It appears that a tree came down somewhere between Crews Hill and
Cuffley, taking 100m of overhead line with it and causing some damage to
a 37 core signalling cable, knocking out the power to a number of
signals and meaning trains had to be "talked past" them.

Cheers,

Barry

Neil Williams November 1st 08 09:21 AM

No Trains Today

On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 04:54:19 -0700 (PDT), Boltar
wrote:

This does seem to happen more often that is reasonable. Why can't they
make catenary thats a bit more robust? Or failing that just dump it
and install 3rd rail on the commuter routes and keep 25KV for high
speed services only. Yeah I know , will never happen. Pity.

Or just have staff on hand to direct people to a replacement bus
service.

"Sod off, we're not bothering" isn't on.

Neil

--
Neil Williams