Old November 7th 08, 05:07 PM
Junior Member

Default LorexTrans

Hello London Citizens,

I'm a Dutch student living in the Netherlands. Recently I saw an advertisement of someone, who wants to sell his motorbike for an astonishing low price. I agreed on buying, and now he has passed me the following website of an elegible London company called LorexTrans. (google doesn't give a lot of hits...). The site is the name, with www. .com. Is there anybody familiar with this transportation company? Is it a fake? Even London Yellow Pages doens't come up with anything. And I don't feel comfortable sending money to some company which can't be contacted or looked up anywhere.

thanks in advance!

P.

Old November 7th 08, 09:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

pretorix wrote:
Hello London Citizens,

I'm a Dutch student living in the Netherlands. Recently I saw an
advertisement of someone, who wants to sell his motorbike for an
astonishing low price.

Learn the well-known (English) saying: if it looks too good to be true
then it almost certainly *is* too good to be true.

I agreed on buying, and now he has passed me
the following website of an elegible London company called LorexTrans.
(google doesn't give a lot of hits...). The site is the name, with
www. com. Is there anybody familiar with this transportation company?
Is it a fake? Even London Yellow Pages doens't come up with anything.

Learn to use the look-up facility. LorexTrans.com is registered to an
address in Scotland

117 Blackcraigs
Kirkcaldy, Fife KY2 6TN

with an administrative contact

Birrell, Debra

and that record was created on 23-Sep-2008.

Not likely for a company which claims to have been around since 1994.

And I don't feel comfortable sending money to some company which
can't be contacted or looked up anywhere.

Quite right. Why not send me your money instead? I can sell you a very
nice property here called Buckingham Palace.

goed geluk

--
Robin

Old November 8th 08, 09:46 AM
Junior Member

Thanks Robin for the information. Perhaps I'd rather not buy at all from this vendor.

Furthermore, I'm not interested in buying Buckingham Palace: I contacted the current owner, and they informed me they aren't interested in selling! :P Never liked the neighberhood anyway...

kind regards,

Old November 8th 08, 10:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2008-11-07, neverwas wrote:
pretorix wrote:
[...]

and the address appears to be residential, again unlikely for a 1994
company.