London Banter

-   -   Met line reliability these days (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/7258-met-line-reliability-these-days.html)

Martin J November 7th 08 02:42 PM

Met line reliability these days

Got to get to Harrow on the Hill, Tuesday evening and Journey Planner
says 12 mins for the Met Line from Finchley Road to Harrow on the
Hill.
How much should I add to get a realistic figure?
Many thanks
martin J

Barry Salter November 7th 08 04:01 PM

martin j wrote:
Got to get to Harrow on the Hill, Tuesday evening and Journey Planner
says 12 mins for the Met Line from Finchley Road to Harrow on the
Hill.

Met "main line" timetable says 13 minutes. You can find said timetable
he
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/first-last-amersham-northbound.pdf

Cheers,

Barry

Adrian November 7th 08 04:07 PM

Met line reliability these days

martin j gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying:

Got to get to Harrow on the Hill, Tuesday evening and Journey Planner
says 12 mins for the Met Line from Finchley Road to Harrow on the Hill.
How much should I add to get a realistic figure?

Most of the time, that's perfectly realistic. Fast (typically Amersham) &
semi-fast (typically Watford) trains will, of course, be considerably
quicker on that stretch than all stations (typically Uxbridge), since
they don't stop at the intermediate stations except for some at Wembley
Park.

asdf November 9th 08 01:32 PM

On Fri, 7 Nov 2008 07:42:29 -0800 (PST), martin j wrote:

Got to get to Harrow on the Hill, Tuesday evening and Journey Planner
says 12 mins for the Met Line from Finchley Road to Harrow on the
Hill.
How much should I add to get a realistic figure?
Many thanks
martin J

Depends what time of the evening, IMX. At around 5-6pm it's very fast,
frequent, and reliable. However, after around 6pm, reliability
plummets, (relatively) large gaps appear in the service, everything
starts stopping at Wembley Park, and many of the Watford trains become
all-stations, so I'd allow at least an extra 7 minutes.