London Banter

-   -   ITSO & Oyster - the future (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/7317-itso-oyster-future.html)

Matthew Dickinson December 1st 08 10:46 AM

ITSO & Oyster - the future

Two interesting documents:

http://www.publications.parliament.u...tran/84/84.pdf

and
http://www.lafabriquedelacite.com/fabrique-de-la-cite/data.nsf/8384123E801FB916C125747A005C5D1C/$File/fabrique-4d-ticketing.pdf

Andrew Heenan December 1st 08 10:55 AM

ITSO & Oyster - the future

"Matthew Dickinson" wrote ...
Two interesting documents:
http://www.publications.parliament.u...tran/84/84.pdf
http://www.lafabriquedelacite.com/fabrique-de-la-cite/data.nsf/8384123E801FB916C125747A005C5D1C/$File/fabrique-4d-ticketing.pdf

Well worth reading Roger Ford's not-too-technical discussion in December's
Modern Railways; looks like it's a story that will run well into 2010, if
not the fabled 2012 Olympics
--

Andrew

Richard J.[_2_] December 1st 08 01:45 PM

ITSO & Oyster - the future

Matthew Dickinson wrote:
Two interesting documents:

http://www.publications.parliament.u...tran/84/84.pdf

and
http://www.lafabriquedelacite.com/fabrique-de-la-cite/data.nsf/8384123E801FB916C125747A005C5D1C/$File/fabrique-4d-ticketing.pdf

FFS, that's 262 pages to read! Perhaps you'd like to have the courtesy to
summarise the key points of interest for those of us who don't have the time
today to plough through them in search of new/interesting points. They are
both eight months old, so one would expect anything of importance to have
been reported already.

--
Richard J.

Capt. Deltic December 2nd 08 08:20 AM

ITSO & Oyster - the future

On 1 Dec, 11:55, "Andrew Heenan" wrote:
"Matthew Dickinson" wrote ...

Two interesting documents:
http://www.publications.parliament.u...ect/cmtran/84/...
http://www.lafabriquedelacite.com/fa...ata.nsf/838412...

Well worth reading Roger Ford's not-too-technical discussion in December's
Modern Railways; looks like it's a story that will run well into 2010, if
not the fabled 2012 Olympics
--

Andrew

That 'not too technical ' made my morning Matthew.

It was intended as a general piece to bring readers up to date ready
for a lot of coverage in 2009 - including some techie stuff!

Matthew Dickinson December 2nd 08 02:51 PM

ITSO & Oyster - the future

On 2 Dec, 09:20, "Capt. Deltic" wrote:
On 1 Dec, 11:55, "Andrew Heenan" wrote:

"Matthew Dickinson" wrote ...

Two interesting documents:
http://www.publications.parliament.u...ect/cmtran/84/...
http://www.lafabriquedelacite.com/fa...ata.nsf/838412...

Well worth reading Roger Ford's not-too-technical discussion in December's
Modern Railways; looks like it's a story that will run well into 2010, if
not the fabled 2012 Olympics
--

Andrew

That 'not too technical ' made my morning Matthew.

It was intended as a general piece to bring readers up to date ready
for a lot of coverage in 2009 - including some techie stuff!

That was actually Andrew's comment...

The most interesting item in the document is I think TfL's intention
to move away from actually holding money and issuing cards.
Instead, the plan is to use passengers own contactless credit or debit
cards, NFC mobile phones or 'trusted' ITSO cards to maintain accounts
(with capping and seasons processed at the back office instead of at
the ticket gates).