London Banter

-   -   Book help (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/733-book-help.html)

Andrew P Smith September 17th 03 07:13 PM

Book help

I saw an ad for a book last week and now can't find the ad! It's title
was something like 'The Trainspotters Guide to...' although that may
have been prefixed with something and I think it was a comedy book based
on Trainspotter type musings.

Can't remember the rest of the title - any ideas anyone?
--
Andrew
Electronic communications can be altered and therefore the integrity of this

Michael R N Dolbear September 18th 03 07:19 PM

Book help

Andrew P Smith wrote in article
I saw an ad for a book last week and now can't find the ad! It's

title
was something like 'The Trainspotters Guide to...' although that may

have been prefixed with something and I think it was a comedy book

based
on Trainspotter type musings.

Can't remember the rest of the title - any ideas anyone?

Amazon.co.uk offers 3 titles containing "trainspotter" and 2
"transpotters"

Platform Souls: The Trainspotter as 20th-century Hero
~Nicholas Whittaker

Anorak of Fi The Life and Times of Gus Gascoigne, Trainspotter
~Stephen Dinsdale

The Complete Diary of a Trainspotter 1955-1968 (Railway Heritage)
~Michael Harvey

Club, The: An Everyday Story of Trainspotters
~Mel Rees

The Scot Pack: The Further Adventures of the Trainspotters and Their
Fellow Travellers
~Brian Pendreigh

also

Continuum Contemporaries series: Irvine Welsh's "Trainspotting": A
Reader's Guide
~Robert Morace
The Ultimate Film Guides: "Trainspotting" (The Ultimate Film Guides)
~Martin Stollery

Best

--
Mike D

Andrew P Smith September 18th 03 09:29 PM

Book help

In article 01c37e19$c805a080$d4ac403e@default, Michael R N Dolbear
writes

Platform Souls: The Trainspotter as 20th-century Hero
~Nicholas Whittaker

Thank you Mike - that's the one. By the same author as 'Toys Were Us'.

Marvellous!