London Banter

-   -   Graffiti where ? (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/7392-graffiti-where.html)

Edward Cowling London UK December 25th 08 12:25 PM

Graffiti where ?

I wonder which part of our safe a secure tube system will be vandalised
by kids with spray cans this year ?

Thank God Al Qaeda haven't infiltrated the Graffiti gang :-)

--
Edward Cowling "The Spice Must Flow !!"

[email protected] December 25th 08 08:31 PM

Graffiti where ?

On Dec 25, 1:25*pm, Edward Cowling London UK
wrote:
I wonder which part of our safe a secure tube system will be vandalised
by kids with spray cans this year ?

Thank God Al Qaeda haven't infiltrated the Graffiti gang :-)

--
Edward Cowling *"The Spice Must Flow !!"

There won't be as many as last year. More movement detection equipment
is in place, as well as remote CCTV monitoring, BTP patrols.Oh and the
traction current is being left on, unless there are reports of people
on the track, in which case it has to be turned off - H&S!

Offramp December 26th 08 12:03 PM

Graffiti where ?

wrote:

I wonder which part of our safe a secure tube system will be vandalised
by kids with spray cans this year ?

Does anyone know yet?

asdf December 27th 08 02:13 PM

Graffiti where ?

On Fri, 26 Dec 2008 05:03:55 -0800 (PST), Offramp wrote:

I wonder which part of our safe a secure tube system will be vandalised
by kids with spray cans this year ?

Does anyone know yet?

On a trip on the Picc yesterday I noticed that Park Royal had been
hit. (This was in the afternoon, so they'd had plenty of time to clean
it up too.)

(Even worse than the above was the 3tph service on the Rayners Lane
branch, despite reports of no planned disruptions and a "Good Service"
on the line.)

Paul Terry[_2_] December 27th 08 03:06 PM

Graffiti where ?

In message , asdf
writes

(Even worse than the above was the 3tph service on the Rayners Lane
branch, despite reports of no planned disruptions and a "Good Service"
on the line.)

Isn't three trains an hour the normal "reduced Sunday service" operated
on the branch on bank holidays? Standard Sunday service is 4-5 trains an
hour, as I recall.
--
Paul Terry

asdf December 27th 08 08:28 PM

Graffiti where ?

On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 16:06:06 +0000, Paul Terry wrote:

(Even worse than the above was the 3tph service on the Rayners Lane
branch, despite reports of no planned disruptions and a "Good Service"
on the line.)

Isn't three trains an hour the normal "reduced Sunday service" operated
on the branch on bank holidays? Standard Sunday service is 4-5 trains an
hour, as I recall.

The standard Sunday service is 6tph, and I thought that a Saturday
service normally ran on public holidays.

James Farrar December 27th 08 10:37 PM

Graffiti where ?

On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 21:28:45 +0000, asdf
wrote:

On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 16:06:06 +0000, Paul Terry wrote:

(Even worse than the above was the 3tph service on the Rayners Lane
branch, despite reports of no planned disruptions and a "Good Service"
on the line.)

Isn't three trains an hour the normal "reduced Sunday service" operated
on the branch on bank holidays? Standard Sunday service is 4-5 trains an
hour, as I recall.

The standard Sunday service is 6tph, and I thought that a Saturday
service normally ran on public holidays.

Maybe other public holidays, but not Boxing Day:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...de-2008-09.pdf

[email protected] December 29th 08 10:14 AM

Graffiti where ?

On Dec 27, 3:13*pm, asdf wrote:
(Even worse than the above was the 3tph service on the Rayners Lane
branch, despite reports of no planned disruptions and a "Good Service"
on the line.)

The phrase "good service" on the tube generally seems to mean "we have
trains running". And thats about it.

B2003

John B December 29th 08 11:12 AM

Graffiti where ?

On Dec 27, 3:13*pm, asdf wrote:
I wonder which part of our safe a secure tube system will be vandalised
by kids with spray cans this year ?

Does anyone know yet?

On a trip on the Picc yesterday I noticed that Park Royal had been
hit. (This was in the afternoon, so they'd had plenty of time to clean
it up too.)

In other words, no part of our safe and secure tube system was
vandalised by kids with spray cans? TfL win, good work.

(outdoor stations != safe and secure...)

Cue John Rowland to give Boris credit ;-)

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org

James Farrar December 29th 08 06:45 PM

Graffiti where ?

On Mon, 29 Dec 2008 03:14:08 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

On Dec 27, 3:13*pm, asdf wrote:
(Even worse than the above was the 3tph service on the Rayners Lane
branch, despite reports of no planned disruptions and a "Good Service"
on the line.)

The phrase "good service" on the tube generally seems to mean "we have
trains running".

It means "there are no reported problems".

Naturally a non-zero time will elapse between a problem occuring and
it being reported.