Old January 6th 09, 12:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default NLC Code 0504

For the Underground NLC Code 0503 is Aldgate East and 0505 is
Alperton.
Which station has or had the NLC Code 0504?
Or was it used for some central ticket office at 55 Broadway, or for
training?

If you can help. thank you very much!

Alan

Old January 6th 09, 12:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Offramp wrote:
For the Underground NLC Code 0503 is Aldgate East and 0505 is
Alperton.
Which station has or had the NLC Code 0504?

I'd imagine it would be Aldwych.

Old January 6th 09, 12:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 6 Jan, 13:38, Offramp wrote:
For the Underground NLC Code 0503 is Aldgate East and 0505 is
Alperton.
Which station has or had the NLC Code 0504?
Or was it used for some central ticket office at 55 Broadway, or for
training?

If you can help. thank you very much!

0503 is indeed Aldgate East, but it would appear that 0504 is Alperton
and 0505 is Amersham.

You can download an Excel spreadsheet of all the NLC codes from Joyce
Whitchurch's website here...
http://www.joyce.whitchurch.btintern...uk/private.htm
(see under 'Railway Codes and Acronyms')
Old January 6th 09, 12:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 6 Jan, 13:51, "John Rowland"
wrote:
Offramp wrote:
For the Underground NLC Code 0503 is Aldgate East and 0505 is
Alperton.
Which station has or had the NLC Code 0504?

I'd imagine it would be Aldwych.

That sounds extremely logical; thank you John!
Old January 6th 09, 01:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 6 Jan 2009 05:56:03 -0800 (PST), Mizter T
wrote:

On 6 Jan, 13:38, Offramp wrote:
For the Underground NLC Code 0503 is Aldgate East and 0505 is
Alperton.
Which station has or had the NLC Code 0504?
Or was it used for some central ticket office at 55 Broadway, or for
training?

If you can help. thank you very much!

0503 is indeed Aldgate East, but it would appear that 0504 is Alperton
and 0505 is Amersham.

Sorry, no. Aldwych was 0504, Alperton is 0505 and Amersham 0506.
--
Stuart Johnson in Peterhead, Scotland
To reply direct remove FILTER from

Old January 6th 09, 02:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

On 6 Jan, 13:38, Offramp wrote:
For the Underground NLC Code 0503 is Aldgate East and 0505 is
Alperton.
Which station has or had the NLC Code 0504?
Or was it used for some central ticket office at 55 Broadway, or for
training?

If you can help. thank you very much!

0503 is indeed Aldgate East, but it would appear that 0504 is Alperton
and 0505 is Amersham.

Sorry, no. Aldwych was 0504, Alperton is 0505 and Amersham 0506.

No probs - I'm just going by the aforementioned spreadsheet, which
would appear to be wrong.
Old January 6th 09, 08:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Thank you to all that responded.
I had, before asking the initial question, consulted various lists.
As a matter of interest, what are the stations associated with the
many missing numbers?
Old January 6th 09, 08:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message
of
Tue, 6 Jan 2009 05:56:03 in uk.transport.london, Mizter T
writes

On 6 Jan, 13:38, Offramp wrote:
For the Underground NLC Code 0503 is Aldgate East and 0505 is
Alperton.
Which station has or had the NLC Code 0504?
Or was it used for some central ticket office at 55 Broadway, or for
training?

If you can help. thank you very much!

0503 is indeed Aldgate East, but it would appear that 0504 is Alperton
and 0505 is Amersham.

You can download an Excel spreadsheet of all the NLC codes from Joyce
Whitchurch's website here...
http://www.joyce.whitchurch.btintern...uk/private.htm
(see under 'Railway Codes and Acronyms')

I was interested to read the following the "If you just want to check
the National Location Codes for passenger stations (National Rail and
London Underground), download this list
[http://www.joyce.whitchurch.btinternet.co.uk/NL_codes.xls] (MS Excel
format, 224 KB) ..."
Sadly, it does not seem to detail London Underground stations which are
not also National Rail Stations. It does not even mention Barking, so is
even less complete than I thought. (I was interested in the codes for
the several Paddington stations.) I just found:
3087 Paddington London

When sorted by name, it starts:
5131 Abbey Wood
3000 Acton Main Line
1036 Adderley Park
5623 Aldershot
5280 Aldrington

and omits
Acton Town
Aldgate
Aldgate East
etc.

OTOH, when I view it as HTML from Google, I see LU stations but not NR.
Something beyond my understanding!
--
Walter Briscoe
Old January 6th 09, 11:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Walter Briscoe" wrote in message
Sadly, it does not seem to detail London Underground stations which are
not also National Rail Stations. It does not even mention Barking, so is
even less complete than I thought. (I was interested in the codes for the
several Paddington stations.) I just found:
3087 Paddington London

If you download it as an Excel spreadsheet it separates the LUL and NR
stations into separate tabs - including Barking (0501) and Paddington (0670)

--

David

Old January 7th 09, 09:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On Jan 6, 9:02*pm, Offramp wrote:
Thank you to all that responded.
I had, before asking the initial question, consulted various lists.
As a matter of interest, what are the stations associated with the
many missing numbers?

In the spreadsheet, which may be wrong anyway, the missing ones seem
to be

0596 between Harlesden and Harrow and Wealdstone in the bit where it's
alphabetical

0790 - 0841 between North Greenwich and the DLR stations

0843 - 0846 (what is 0847 Cheslyn Hay?)

0848, 0849, 0853, 0863, 0868 - 0878, 0880, 0881, 0885, 0889, 0892,
0896 in the DLR-looking series of stations

0899 - 0927 and 0929 - 0939 where they show Greenwich and Lewisham

Are there spare codes for DLR stations not open yet?

OSI NLC codes Walter Briscoe London Transport 2 August 24th 11 11:58 AM
The change in dialling code from 01 for London to 0171 & 0181 - Why t Colin Rosenstiel London Transport 1 November 19th 07 09:16 AM
Highway or the Myway? A new Code for light relief [email protected] London Transport 0 August 6th 06 11:07 PM
Bus 'Code Red' Stuart London Transport 6 March 18th 06 02:49 PM
Highway Code for Coach Drivers Joe London Transport 9 December 3rd 04 03:45 PM