Old January 17th 09, 03:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Haunted London Underground

Just found this book in the New Southgate BP filling station, of all places.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Haunted-Lond...2168012&sr=8-1

Old January 18th 09, 01:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 17 Jan, 04:54, "John Rowland"
wrote:
Just found this book in the New Southgate BP filling station, of all places.http://www.amazon.co.uk/Haunted-Lond...d-Brandon/dp/0...

Isn't that long disused L-shaped tunnel at embankment, leading north
from the eastbound district line then west, meant to be very haunted?
It's called something like 'paget's walk'
Old January 18th 09, 02:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Q Q is offline

"lonelytraveller" wrote in
message

Isn't that long disused L-shaped tunnel at embankment, leading north
from the eastbound district line then west, meant to be very haunted?
It's called something like 'paget's walk'

'Pages Walk'

Old January 18th 09, 04:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I have only ever seen 2 ghosts and they were both at Euston.
The Tube, I think, is RIDDLED with them.
Old January 18th 09, 05:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 18 Jan, 17:19, Offramp wrote:
I have only ever seen 2 ghosts and they were both at Euston.
The Tube, I think, is RIDDLED with them.

I haven't heard of ghosts at Euston before. Did you see them in the
public bits of the station, or in the disused passages?

Maybe you could see them up in the air where the wierd half-overbridge
used to be to get onto the bank branch platforms from the original
entrance?

Old January 18th 09, 05:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On Jan 18, 5:19*pm, Offramp wrote:
I have only ever seen 2 ghosts and they were both at Euston.
The Tube, I think, is RIDDLED with them.

We were having a bad day, but I think "ghost" is a bit of an unfair
description.
Old January 18th 09, 11:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

MIG wrote:
On Jan 18, 5:19 pm, Offramp wrote:
I have only ever seen 2 ghosts and they were both at Euston.
The Tube, I think, is RIDDLED with them.

We were having a bad day, but I think "ghost" is a bit of an unfair
description.

I've only seen one ghost on the Tube, at on the night Charing X Jubbly
closed. He was hovering next to Astral Alice.

Old January 19th 09, 02:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Jan 18, 6:22*pm, lonelytraveller
wrote:
On 18 Jan, 17:19, Offramp wrote:

I have only ever seen 2 ghosts and they were both at Euston.
The Tube, I think, is RIDDLED with them.

I haven't heard of ghosts at Euston before. Did you see them in the
public bits of the station, or in the disused passages?

Maybe you could see them up in the air where the wierd half-overbridge
used to be to get onto the bank branch platforms from the original
entrance?

The first one was when I was taking the up-escalator from the Victoria
Line at about 5:10am, having tested a fire point. I was looking at the
adverts when I heard someone walking down the down escalators on the
other side. When I looked there was no one there, although I could
still hear the noise of the footsteps and visualise where on the
escalators the feet were.

The second one was in the disused section, Near where the advert for
Croydon aerodrome is there is a locked grilled metal gate. On the way
in I thought I saw a child's mitten inside that gate. It was not there
when I came back, and I decided not to investigate.

END TRANSMISSION!
Old January 19th 09, 11:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Jan 19, 3:35*am, Offramp wrote:
The first one was when I was taking the up-escalator from the Victoria
Line at about 5:10am, having tested a fire point. I was looking at the
adverts when I heard someone walking down the down escalators on the
other side. When I looked there was no one there, although I could
still hear the noise of the footsteps and visualise where on the
escalators the feet were.

The second one was in the disused section, Near where the advert for
Croydon aerodrome is there is a locked grilled metal gate. On the way
in I thought I saw a child's mitten inside that gate. It was not there
when I came back, and I decided not to investigate.

Arn't LU staff supposed to remain sober while on duty?

B2003

Old January 19th 09, 08:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 18 Jan, 15:42, "Q" ..@.. wrote:

"lonelytraveller" wrote:

Isn't that long disused L-shaped tunnel at embankment, leading north
from the eastbound district line then west, meant to be very haunted?
It's called something like 'paget's walk'

'Pages Walk'

Why? Is is where all the missing manuscripts end up? (It might play
host to the original Seven Pillars of Wisdom...)

Also what did it link and why does it not link them any more?