London Banter

-   -   Where did I find the images on my site? (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/7557-where-did-i-find-images.html)

John Rowland February 9th 09 04:00 PM

Where did I find the images on my site?

Hi all,

Someone has emailed me asking where I got the following images..

http://www.geocities.com/athens/acro...069/ltpicc.gif
http://www.geocities.com/athens/acro...069/ltmonu.jpg

Since I scanned them more than a decade ago, I can't remember. Does anyone
know the books in question?

Paul Terry February 9th 09 04:56 PM

Where did I find the images on my site?

In message , John Rowland
writes
Hi all,

Someone has emailed me asking where I got the following images..

You can get some reasonably helpful details from:

http://www.ltmcollection.org/photos/index.html

http://www.geocities.com/athens/acro...069/ltpicc.gif

Enter U20324 in the search box on the ltm site, and then click the
picture for details.

However, they don't mention where the photo was published (I have a
feeling it may have been in the Illustrated London News, but I'm sure
I've seen it elsewhere).

http://www.geocities.com/athens/acro...069/ltmonu.jpg

I couldn't find that one on the LT site, although I only looked briefly
(they do, though, have cutaways of a few other stations, including
Oxford Circus).

--
Paul Terry

[email protected] February 9th 09 08:03 PM

On 9 Feb, 17:56, Paul Terry wrote:
[...]

The Bank / Monument anometric may have been part of the DLR Bank
branch publicity.

Tom Anderson February 10th 09 12:17 AM

On Mon, 9 Feb 2009, John Rowland wrote:

Someone has emailed me asking where I got the following images..

http://www.geocities.com/athens/acro...069/ltpicc.gif
http://www.geocities.com/athens/acro...069/ltmonu.jpg

Since I scanned them more than a decade ago, I can't remember. Does anyone
know the books in question?

I think i've got those in 'See How They Ran, vol II - The Collected Works
of John Rowland 1996-2001', but that is probably not helpful.

tom

--
coincidences, body modification, hungarian voice sebestyen marta, **

John Rowland February 20th 09 12:29 AM

Paul Terry wrote:
In message , John Rowland
writes
Hi all,

Someone has emailed me asking where I got the following images..

You can get some reasonably helpful details from:

http://www.ltmcollection.org/photos/index.html

http://www.geocities.com/athens/acro...069/ltpicc.gif

Enter U20324 in the search box on the ltm site, and then click the
picture for details.

Great stuff!

Thanks to all who replied. Well, except Tom, obviously. ;-)