London Banter

-   -   Travelcard vendor commission (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/762-travelcard-vendor-commission.html)

Nicholas F Hodder September 27th 03 07:59 AM

Travelcard vendor commission

What percentage of a Travelcard's sale price does the Travelcard vendor
receive as commission?

For example, if I buy a Travelcard from a Tube station as opposed to from a
National Rail station, how much extra revenue does the Tube receive for
selling me the Travelcard?

Ed Crowley September 30th 03 01:53 PM

"Nicholas F Hodder" wrote in message
What percentage of a Travelcard's sale price does the Travelcard vendor
receive as commission?

For example, if I buy a Travelcard from a Tube station as opposed to from

National Rail station, how much extra revenue does the Tube receive for
selling me the Travelcard?

Not sure about the commission, but it probably doesn't work out cheaper for
the Tube to sell tickets themselves due to staffing and equipment costs.