London Banter

-   -   LUL New Stock design (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/7719-lul-new-stock-design.html)

Q March 13th 09 12:51 PM

LUL New Stock design

The contract notice has been published for some of the new stock...

http://ted.europa.eu/udl?uri=TED:NOT...9:TEXT:EN:HTML

[email protected] March 13th 09 05:36 PM

LUL New Stock design

In article , ..@.. (Q) wrote:

The contract notice has been published for some of the new stock...

http://ted.europa.eu/udl?uri=TED:NOT...9:TEXT:EN:HTML

Not accessible here on that link.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Richard J.[_3_] March 13th 09 08:53 PM

LUL New Stock design

Q wrote:
The contract notice has been published for some of the new stock...

http://ted.europa.eu/udl?uri=TED:NOT...9:TEXT:EN:HTML

The link's OK for me, but I've having a problem understanding what it
all means. You say "for some of the new stock", but in fact this is
only a "Rolling stock design study".

"The Service Provider will be required to undertake a preliminary
rolling stock design, in sufficient detail, to demonstrate compliance
with LUL's future rolling stock requirements. The purpose of the study
is to validate the investment business case for a modern rolling stock
design. The study will inform LUL's future procurement and asset renewal
strategies for Bakerloo (2018/2020), Central line (2020/2033); and in
the longer term other LUL rolling stock."

I'm not sure how you can demonstrate compliance with a future
requirement. Or are LU asking manufacturers to come up with a "concept
train" design from which LU will get ideas for future requirements?

--
Richard J.