Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 20th 09, 12:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default My last Thameslink visit to Moorgate

On 20 Mar, 00:12, wrote:
In article
,

() wrote:
On 19 Mar, 22:42, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 22:10:13 -0000, "Jack Taylor"

After tomorrow the fares arguments become rather more academic,
or do they? Could one still change at Farringdon and use the Met
to reach Moorgate on such a ticket?

I believe so, Colin. I saw somewhere this week that FCC tickets will
be valid for travel on LUL between Farringdon and Moorgate for the
next two years.

Correct - the FCC leaflet that I collected at Moorgate yesterday said
that. I believe the ticket validity point is a condition of the
closure and that the revenue loss is covered by the DfT.

Yes, but that refers to tickets from the northern Thameslink route and
doesn't affect tickets from the GN line via Finsbury park to London
Terminals, which have long been valid to Moorgate (via FCC or LUL) and
will remain so.

National Express at Cambridge clearly understand that so why don't the FCC
or National Rail web sites tell the same story?

When I mentioned FCC above I should have said "FCC (GN)". I'm not
certain whether a Cambridge to London Terminals ticket is valid via
SPILL.

Although there is no question that Moorgate is a London Terminal for
people travelling from Cambridge, and that there is interavailability
between Finsbury Park, KX and Moorgate via LUL, I've never seen
anything that says that you can travel via SPILL, which I know is the
journey you were making

That said, I have discovered that my Cambridge - London Terminals
season does open the ticket gates at SPILL (in addition to KX
Underground and Moorgate of course).

I'll be travelling from Moorgate to KX tonight as part of my daily
commute: I'll probably catch a LUL service as usual.

PaulO