London Banter

-   -   Victoria Line - always DOO? (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/7835-victoria-line-always-doo.html)

[email protected] April 2nd 09 08:17 PM

Victoria Line - always DOO?

On Apr 2, 9:15 pm, Jeremy Double wrote:

A European Safety directive I believe, which required the fitting of
safety slides (even though the passenger door is only 4ft above the
ground) and oxygen masks (even though it is an unpressurised airliner
and never flies high enough to require oxygen)!

Yet the Air Atlantique Dragon Rapide continues ...

--
Nick

Christopher A. Lee April 2nd 09 08:21 PM

Victoria Line - always DOO?

On Thu, 2 Apr 2009 13:17:19 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Apr 2, 9:15 pm, Jeremy Double wrote:

A European Safety directive I believe, which required the fitting of
safety slides (even though the passenger door is only 4ft above the
ground) and oxygen masks (even though it is an unpressurised airliner
and never flies high enough to require oxygen)!

Yet the Air Atlantique Dragon Rapide continues ...

I always had a soft spot for these. I never flew in one but they were
old even when I was a small boy. I saw them at both Heathrow and St.
Just on the hols in Corwall.

John Nuttall April 3rd 09 12:40 PM

Victoria Line - always DOO?

"Christopher A. Lee" wrote in message
On Thu, 2 Apr 2009 13:17:19 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Apr 2, 9:15 pm, Jeremy Double wrote:

A European Safety directive I believe, which required the fitting of
safety slides (even though the passenger door is only 4ft above the
ground) and oxygen masks (even though it is an unpressurised airliner
and never flies high enough to require oxygen)!

Yet the Air Atlantique Dragon Rapide continues ...

I always had a soft spot for these. I never flew in one but they were
old even when I was a small boy. I saw them at both Heathrow and St.
Just on the hols in Corwall.

I flew in the Air Atlantique one in 1996. Front seat (slightly further back
than the pilot, 1000 ft above the Warwickshire countryside with the window
open. Marvellous!

--

Regards

John

ANDREW ROBERT BREEN April 3rd 09 01:17 PM

Victoria Line - always DOO?

In article ,
John Nuttall wrote:
"Christopher A. Lee" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 2 Apr 2009 13:17:19 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Apr 2, 9:15 pm, Jeremy Double wrote:

A European Safety directive I believe, which required the fitting of
safety slides (even though the passenger door is only 4ft above the
ground) and oxygen masks (even though it is an unpressurised airliner
and never flies high enough to require oxygen)!

Yet the Air Atlantique Dragon Rapide continues ...

Under the threshold for no. of seats (12, I think, is where the new regs
kick in).

I always had a soft spot for these. I never flew in one but they were
old even when I was a small boy. I saw them at both Heathrow and St.
Just on the hols in Corwall.

I flew in the Air Atlantique one in 1996. Front seat (slightly further back
than the pilot, 1000 ft above the Warwickshire countryside with the window
open. Marvellous!

Beautiful, beautiful aeroplanes. /Must/ get a flight in one soon.

And they're on topic for UK.R: Railway Air Services operated Dragons and
Rapides in the 30s.

--
Andy Breen ~ Not speaking on behalf of the University of Wales, Aberystwyth
Feng Shui: an ancient oriental art for extracting

Richard Hunt April 4th 09 04:10 PM

Victoria Line - always DOO?

On 03/04/2009 at 14:17:47 Andrew Robert Breen (%mail)wrote: in
uk.railway

In article ,
John Nuttall wrote:
[...]

In that case, so is the Ju 52/3M as Railway Air Services' successor,
BEA, ussed them immediately post-1945.

Richard Hunt

ANDREW ROBERT BREEN April 4th 09 08:27 PM

Victoria Line - always DOO?

In article ,
Richard Hunt wrote:
On 03/04/2009 at 14:17:47 Andrew Robert Breen (%mail)wrote: in
uk.railway

And they're on topic for UK.R: Railway Air Services operated Dragons
and Rapides in the 30s.

In that case, so is the Ju 52/3M as Railway Air Services' successor,
BEA, ussed them immediately post-1945.

Absolutely. Amazing old beast, the Tante Ju. Remember flying out of
Hamburg and taking off over the top of one which was climbing out (in so
far as a Ju.52 can be said to "climb". Another machine I really want to
fly in.

Sam Wilson April 17th 09 02:01 PM

Victoria Line - always DOO?

In article ,
(Andrew Robert Breen) wrote:

In article ,
Richard Hunt wrote:
On 03/04/2009 at 14:17:47 Andrew Robert Breen (%mail)wrote: in
uk.railway

And they're on topic for UK.R: Railway Air Services operated Dragons
and Rapides in the 30s.

In that case, so is the Ju 52/3M as Railway Air Services' successor,
BEA, ussed them immediately post-1945.

Absolutely. Amazing old beast, the Tante Ju. Remember flying out of
Hamburg and taking off over the top of one which was climbing out (in so
far as a Ju.52 can be said to "climb". Another machine I really want to
fly in.

Ah, yes - we've been here before. I'll just say DC3 and
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk.railway/msg/9ef12b0bf831da78?hl=en
or et seq.

Sam