London Banter

-   -   Being told of your offence (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/7846-being-told-your-offence.html)

David Cantrell April 3rd 09 12:16 PM

Being told of your offence

On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 11:16:30PM -0000, David A Stocks wrote:

A hefty local surcharge on all road fuel sold with the the Greater London
area would probably have been as effective and cheaper to implement, but I
can't imagine it would be a vote winner.

It would just make me buy my fuel elsewhere. The first petrol station
outside the zone on each major road would make a killing, and a lot of
petrol stations inside the zone would go out of business.

There are many different types of sausages. The best are
from the north of England. The wurst are from Germany.
-- seen in alt.2eggs...