London Banter

-   -   circle line service (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/7857-circle-line-service.html)

[email protected] April 4th 09 01:43 PM

circle line service

Have they revised the circle line service?

Paul Scott April 4th 09 01:57 PM

circle line service

wrote in message
Have they revised the circle line service?

Happens this coming December - assuming you are referring to the combination
with the H&C?

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/medi...tre/11300.aspx

Paul S

James Farrar April 4th 09 06:20 PM

circle line service

"Paul Scott" wrote in
:

wrote in message
.
..
Have they revised the circle line service?

Happens this coming December - assuming you are referring to the
combination with the H&C?

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/medi...tre/11300.aspx

That link seems to imply they're intending to still call it the Circle
Line, which strikes me as somewhat bizarre, to say the least.

Maybe they have a spiffy new name lined up and are keeping it under
wraps...

Paul Scott April 4th 09 06:42 PM

circle line service

"James Farrar" wrote in message
. 1.4...
"Paul Scott" wrote in
:

wrote in message
.
..
Have they revised the circle line service?

Happens this coming December - assuming you are referring to the
combination with the H&C?

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/medi...tre/11300.aspx

That link seems to imply they're intending to still call it the Circle
Line, which strikes me as somewhat bizarre, to say the least.

Maybe they have a spiffy new name lined up and are keeping it under
wraps...

No, another announcement somewhere confirmed it will still be the Circle
Line, and will still; be shown in yellow.

Paul S

Neil Williams April 5th 09 03:14 PM

circle line service

On Sat, 4 Apr 2009 19:42:58 +0100, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

No, another announcement somewhere confirmed it will still be the Circle
Line, and will still; be shown in yellow.

You could, I suppose, call it the Circle and Hammersmith, but if you
did it might cause confusion at places served by both the "H&C" and
the Circle and end up taking an Edgware Road train via the Circle if
it wasn't made clear.

Neil

--
Neil Williams

Sarah Brown April 6th 09 11:30 AM

circle line service

In article ,
wrote:
Have they revised the circle line service?

I always thought the Circle Line was a practical joke played on
tourists rather than an actual sevice...