Old April 21st 09, 12:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Fernhead Road, Maida Hill

The entrance from Elgin Avenue seems to have been blocked by road works for
months. Maybe Westminster Council was halfway through paving it when its
money went to Iceland?

Old April 21st 09, 12:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Apr 21, 1:13*pm, "John Rowland"
wrote:
The entrance from Elgin Avenue seems to have been blocked by road works for
months. Maybe Westminster Council was halfway through paving it when its
money went to Iceland?

"The Mayor wants you to report roadworks issues and other street
faults in support of the Streetworks Code of Conduct to help cut
congestion", so says the TfL website, so you could try doing so he
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/roadusers/.../newfault.aspx

It's part of the new "Streetworks Code of Conduct" - for an outline of
what this is see he
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/repo...fault/934.aspx

Whether it'll do any good is another matter - the roads in question
are Borough (i.e. City of Westminster) roads, so it's outside the
direct purview of TfL Street Management - and the explanatory webpage
above suggests that TfL Streets therefore simply pass on the issue to
the relevant Borough.

And if the works are being done (or not done) by that council - as
opposed to them being utility works - then perhaps the whole exercise
won't make much of a difference. Are they definitely paving works?
Old April 25th 09, 03:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Mizter T wrote:

Are they definitely paving works?

Yes.

On a related matter, every time I drive down Harvist Road an extra speed
bump has been added. The logistics of doing a 1km road gradually over weeks
don't make sense to me, but more to the point, when every news bulletin is
telling us that we are bankrupt and that our grandchildren will have to take
out mortgages before they are even born, how the hell can spending money on
this sort of thing be justified?