London Banter

-   -   H&C Developments ? (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/8017-h-c-developments.html)

Paul Terry April 25th 09 09:09 AM

H&C Developments ?

Travelling on the Hammersmith and City last week, I noticed that land on
the opposite side of the tracks to Hammersmith depot has been cleared,
raised and levelled (more or less on the site of the former spur to
Hammersmith Grove Road station).

Another site has been cleared to the east of the track between Goldhawk
Road and Shepherds Bush Market. Both are surrounded by hoardings painted
in dark blue.

Is this preparation for introducing longer S-stock trains on the line?
If so, is the Hammersmith site for additional sidings? It looks too big
and too far from the existing terminus to be just for platform
lengthening.
--
Paul Terry

Paul Terry April 25th 09 05:50 PM

H&C Developments ?

In message , Paul Corfield
writes

I understand the new control room is to be constructed at Hammersmith.
Not sure of precise location but it may be in the area you suggest.

I did wonder about that, but the site that's been cleared would be far
too large - it's longer than most of the roads in Hammersmith depot,
just the other side of the tracks.
--
Paul Terry