Old October 8th 03, 09:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oxford Circus

Heard lots of garbled announcements on the train at white city, and the
station was closed for some reason - apparently a few minute before we got
into zone one the entire central line was closed marble arch - Holburn.
Anyoen know what was happening?

Got the northern from Tottenham Court Road to warren street before getting
the Victoria home, and I heard an anouncment that Holburn was closed.

Old October 8th 03, 10:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
Paul Weaver wrote:
Heard lots of garbled announcements on the train at white city, and the
station was closed for some reason - apparently a few minute before we got
into zone one the entire central line was closed marble arch - Holburn.
Anyoen know what was happening?

Person under a train, I believe.

--
Good night little fishey-wishes.... I've counted you, so no
sneaky eating each other.
Old October 8th 03, 11:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 21:53:23 +0000 (UTC), Mike Bristow
wrote:

In article ,
Paul Weaver wrote:
Heard lots of garbled announcements on the train at white city, and the
station was closed for some reason - apparently a few minute before we got
into zone one the entire central line was closed marble arch - Holburn.
Anyoen know what was happening?

Person under a train, I believe.

Vic Line non-stopping. The 'one under' was on the Central Line.

Rob.
--
rob at robertwoolley dot co dot uk
Old October 8th 03, 11:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 21:31:19 +0000, romic wrote:
Person under the train

Nasty, I guess they'll have to change those posters then.

Were Victoria/Bakerloo trains stopping?

Old October 9th 03, 12:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
K K is offline

On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 23:22:03 +0100, Robert Woolley
wrote:

Vic Line non-stopping. The 'one under' was on the Central Line.

I needed to go to OC at that time from Waterloo so I got the Northern
to TCR. The scrolling message on the destination indicator was aying
that the Central Line was closed between Liverpool Street and Holborn
beause of the problem at Oxford Circus!
Old October 9th 03, 11:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 21:23:38 +0100, Paul Weaver wrote:

Heard lots of garbled announcements on the train at white city, and the
station was closed for some reason - apparently a few minute before we got
into zone one the entire central line was closed marble arch - Holburn.
Anyoen know what was happening?

Got the northern from Tottenham Court Road to warren street before getting
the Victoria home, and I heard an anouncment that Holburn was closed.

And again this evening, about half past 10, got to marble arch and the
driver announced oxford road station was closed! Train went through no
problem.

The station was open this morning westbound, and there were no notices or
anything so I'm guessing it was a seperate closure

Really must find out the train times from liverpool street
Old October 10th 03, 12:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Paul Weaver" wrote in message
news
And again this evening, about half past 10, got to marble arch and the
driver announced oxford road station was closed! Train went through no
problem.

The station was open this morning westbound, and there were no notices or
anything so I'm guessing it was a seperate closure

Fire alert this time.

Really must find out the train times from liverpool street

To where?

Old October 10th 03, 01:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 00:17:53 +0100, Robin Mayes wrote:
Really must find out the train times from liverpool street

To where?

Walthamstow. twenty-past and ten-to at that time of the day. Every fifteen
minutes earlier in the day.

I wish the TFL journey planner allowed you to set up "via" or "avoid"s. At
the moment my routes are
1) walthamstow -(victoria)- oxford circus -(Central)- white city
2) If central line problems, walthamstow -(Victoria)- kings cross -(H&C)
- shepherds bush
3) If Victoria line problems walthamstow - (wagn) - liverpool street
-(central)- shepherds bush
4) If Problems on both lines walthamstow - (wagn) - liverpool street
-(h&c)- shepherds bush

If theres a problem with walthamstow station though I'd be screwed. I'm
sure theres a bus to leytonstone, or even into the center of town, but I
hate busses. Queens Road is just round the corner but its a useless
station that goes nowhere.
Old October 10th 03, 01:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Weaver wrote:
On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 00:17:53 +0100, Robin Mayes wrote:
Really must find out the train times from liverpool street

To where?

Walthamstow. twenty-past and ten-to at that time of the day. Every
fifteen minutes earlier in the day.

I wish the TFL journey planner allowed you to set up "via" or
"avoid"s.

If you click on More Options, you will find a "via" facility, but it doesn't
do "avoids".
--
Richard J.