London Banter

-   -   Oxford Circus (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/809-oxford-circus.html)

Paul Weaver October 8th 03 08:23 PM

Oxford Circus

Heard lots of garbled announcements on the train at white city, and the
station was closed for some reason - apparently a few minute before we got
into zone one the entire central line was closed marble arch - Holburn.
Anyoen know what was happening?

Got the northern from Tottenham Court Road to warren street before getting
the Victoria home, and I heard an anouncment that Holburn was closed.

[email protected] October 8th 03 09:31 PM

Oxford Circus

In article ,
(Paul Weaver) wrote:

Heard lots of garbled announcements on the train at white city, and the
station was closed for some reason - apparently a few minute before we
got
into zone one the entire central line was closed marble arch - Holburn.
Anyoen know what was happening?

Got the northern from Tottenham Court Road to warren street before
getting
the Victoria home, and I heard an anouncment that Holburn was closed.

Person under the train

Roger

Mike Bristow October 8th 03 09:53 PM

Oxford Circus

In article ,
Paul Weaver wrote:
Heard lots of garbled announcements on the train at white city, and the
station was closed for some reason - apparently a few minute before we got
into zone one the entire central line was closed marble arch - Holburn.
Anyoen know what was happening?

Person under a train, I believe.

--
Good night little fishey-wishes.... I've counted you, so no
sneaky eating each other.

Robert Woolley October 8th 03 10:22 PM

Oxford Circus

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 21:53:23 +0000 (UTC), Mike Bristow
wrote:

In article ,
Paul Weaver wrote:
Heard lots of garbled announcements on the train at white city, and the
station was closed for some reason - apparently a few minute before we got
into zone one the entire central line was closed marble arch - Holburn.
Anyoen know what was happening?

Person under a train, I believe.

Vic Line non-stopping. The 'one under' was on the Central Line.

Rob.
--
rob at robertwoolley dot co dot uk

Paul Weaver October 8th 03 10:31 PM

Oxford Circus

On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 21:31:19 +0000, romic wrote:
Person under the train

Nasty, I guess they'll have to change those posters then.

Were Victoria/Bakerloo trains stopping?

K October 9th 03 11:24 AM

Oxford Circus

On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 23:22:03 +0100, Robert Woolley
wrote:

Vic Line non-stopping. The 'one under' was on the Central Line.

I needed to go to OC at that time from Waterloo so I got the Northern
to TCR. The scrolling message on the destination indicator was aying
that the Central Line was closed between Liverpool Street and Holborn
beause of the problem at Oxford Circus!

Paul Weaver October 9th 03 10:36 PM

Oxford Circus

On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 21:23:38 +0100, Paul Weaver wrote:

Heard lots of garbled announcements on the train at white city, and the
station was closed for some reason - apparently a few minute before we got
into zone one the entire central line was closed marble arch - Holburn.
Anyoen know what was happening?

Got the northern from Tottenham Court Road to warren street before getting
the Victoria home, and I heard an anouncment that Holburn was closed.

And again this evening, about half past 10, got to marble arch and the
driver announced oxford road station was closed! Train went through no
problem.

The station was open this morning westbound, and there were no notices or
anything so I'm guessing it was a seperate closure

Really must find out the train times from liverpool street

Robin Mayes October 9th 03 11:17 PM

Oxford Circus

"Paul Weaver" wrote in message
.. .

And again this evening, about half past 10, got to marble arch and the
driver announced oxford road station was closed! Train went through no
problem.

The station was open this morning westbound, and there were no notices or
anything so I'm guessing it was a seperate closure

Fire alert this time.

Really must find out the train times from liverpool street

To where?

Paul Weaver October 10th 03 12:08 AM

Oxford Circus

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 00:17:53 +0100, Robin Mayes wrote:
Really must find out the train times from liverpool street

To where?

Walthamstow. twenty-past and ten-to at that time of the day. Every fifteen
minutes earlier in the day.

I wish the TFL journey planner allowed you to set up "via" or "avoid"s. At
the moment my routes are
1) walthamstow -(victoria)- oxford circus -(Central)- white city
2) If central line problems, walthamstow -(Victoria)- kings cross -(H&C)
- shepherds bush
3) If Victoria line problems walthamstow - (wagn) - liverpool street
-(central)- shepherds bush
4) If Problems on both lines walthamstow - (wagn) - liverpool street
-(h&c)- shepherds bush

If theres a problem with walthamstow station though I'd be screwed. I'm
sure theres a bus to leytonstone, or even into the center of town, but I
hate busses. Queens Road is just round the corner but its a useless
station that goes nowhere.

Richard J. October 10th 03 12:16 AM

Oxford Circus

Paul Weaver wrote:
On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 00:17:53 +0100, Robin Mayes wrote:
Really must find out the train times from liverpool street

To where?

Walthamstow. twenty-past and ten-to at that time of the day. Every
fifteen minutes earlier in the day.

I wish the TFL journey planner allowed you to set up "via" or
"avoid"s.

If you click on More Options, you will find a "via" facility, but it doesn't
do "avoids".
--
Richard J.