Old May 22nd 09, 12:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Queries regarding Oyster card

I have a query regarding oyster card use. If i touch my oyster card at
Elephant and castle station which is zone 1 and i didnt touch out
anywhere else and i got out of Upton park station with out touching it
in the oyster machine. what will happen if i use the same oyster card
again next time?

Old May 22nd 09, 06:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 22 May, 01:40, Ashok Nair sadasivan Nair
wrote:
I have a query regarding oyster card use. If i touch my oyster card at
Elephant and castle station which is zone 1 and i didnt touch out
anywhere else and i got out of Upton park station with out touching it
in the oyster machine. what will happen if i use the same oyster card
again next time?

If it's got a travelcard on it, nothing would happen. If it's Pay as
you go, you would be charged a penalty fare.
Old May 22nd 09, 08:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On May 22, 1:40*am, Ashok Nair sadasivan Nair
wrote:
I have a query regarding oyster card use. If i touch my oyster card at
Elephant and castle station which is zone 1 and i didnt touch out
anywhere else and i got out of Upton park station with out touching it
in the oyster machine. what will happen if i use the same oyster card
again next time?

If you are using Oyster pay-as-you-go you'll be charged the £4
"maximum cash fare" for what's called an "unresolved journey" - i.e.
one that you either didn't touch-in at the start of the journey or
didn't touch-out at the end of the journey.

This £4 "maximum cash fare", which can be seen as a form of 'penalty
fare', won't contribute towards any daily capping on that day either.

It's best to do as the advice says - "always touch-in and always touch-
out".
Old May 22nd 09, 10:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

wrote:

I have a query regarding oyster card use. If i touch my oyster card at
Elephant and castle station which is zone 1 and i didnt touch out
anywhere else and i got out of Upton park station with out touching it
in the oyster machine. what will happen if i use the same oyster card
again next time?

If it's got a travelcard on it, nothing would happen. If it's Pay as
you go, you would be charged a penalty fare.

I was going to suggest that he might end up under Upminster Bridge ...