London Banter

-   -   New White City Development (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/835-new-white-city-development.html)

Paul Terry October 19th 03 06:59 AM

New White City Development

In message ,
Colin Rosenstiel writes

In article ,
(Paul Terry) wrote:

In message , Richard J.
writes

Does any daylight normally get to the W&C depot at Waterloo?

Yes (although not a lot) - down the carriage lift-shaft that emerges in
Spur Road (and I think the back part of the depot between Spur Road and
Lower Marsh also gets a little daylight).

You can see into the depot from the access road in that area. There's no
carriage lift. The one that once existed was removed for the Eurostar
platforms

Well, "lift" is perhaps the wrong word - I refer to the permanent crane
and its access shaft to the depot below.

--
Paul Terry

Lawrence Myers October 19th 03 10:26 PM

New White City Development

dan wrote:
"Lawrence Myers" wrote in message
What CJC means is the right hand side running at White City. This
AFAIK is
the only above ground location on LU where this happens. It all arose
historically at the time of the westward extension from Shepherds
Bush

"Historically"? Does anyone know the reasons why?

See This page http://www.trainweb.org/tubeprune/Wo...0whitecity.htm
for full details

--
Lawrence Myers