London Banter

-   -   photos of old/closed tube stops (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/858-photos-old-closed-tube-stops.html)

j October 16th 03 05:55 PM

photos of old/closed tube stops

Hi,

Does anyone know any sites that have photos (+ other info) on the
unused/closed tube stops in London? I am new to the city and am fascinated
by this but haven't been able to find any photos online.

thanks for any help,
John.

Bondee October 16th 03 06:09 PM

"j" wrote in message
Hi,

Does anyone know any sites that have photos (+ other info) on the
unused/closed tube stops in London? I am new to the city and am fascinated
by this but haven't been able to find any photos online.

Run a Google search on...
disused underground stations London

Plenty of results.
: )

HTH

Steve

Joe October 16th 03 07:09 PM

photos of old/closed tube stops

Does anyone know any sites that have photos (+ other info) on the
unused/closed tube stops in London? I am new to the city and am fascinated
by this but haven't been able to find any photos online.

www.abandonedstations.co.uk is one of my favourites

To reply direct, remove NOSPAM and replace with railwaysonline
For Train Information, The Latest News & Best photos around check out the
Award Winning Railways
Online at http://www.railwaysonline.co.uk

Nick Cooper October 17th 03 09:49 AM

photos of old/closed tube stops

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 18:55:00 +0100, "j"
wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone know any sites that have photos (+ other info) on the
unused/closed tube stops in London? I am new to the city and am fascinated
by this but haven't been able to find any photos online.

Nip along to the Transport Museum at Covenet Garden and grab a copy of
'London's Disused Underground Stations' by J.E. Connor. It's an
large-format amalgamation of his earlier A5 book under the same title
and the slightly larger 'Abandoed Stations on london's Underground',
although they're still worth getting as well, as each contains photos
and information that the others don't.
--
Nick Cooper

The London Underground at War:
http://www.cwgcuser.org.uk/personal/...ra/lu/tuaw.htm
625-Online - classic British television:
http://www.625.org.uk
'Things to Come' - An Incomplete Classic:
http://www.thingstocome.org.uk

David Baxter October 18th 03 12:56 PM

photos of old/closed tube stops

Does anyone know any sites that have photos (+ other info) on the
unused/closed tube stops in London? I am new to the city and am fascinated
by this but haven't been able to find any photos online.

Hi John...

http://www.starfury.demon.co.uk/uground/

HTH,
Dave
---
(remove spamblock or reply to group)

Andrew P Smith October 18th 03 08:50 PM

photos of old/closed tube stops

In article , David Baxter
writes
Does anyone know any sites that have photos (+ other info) on the
unused/closed tube stops in London? I am new to the city and am fascinated
by this but haven't been able to find any photos online.

Hi John...

http://www.starfury.demon.co.uk/uground/

HTH,
Dave
---
(remove spamblock or reply to group)

Hywel Williams who runs the Starfury site gave a talk today at the
Subterranea Britannica day conference in Cambridge about the dis-used
stations of London Underground.
--
Andrew
Electronic communications can be altered and therefore the integrity of this

Martin October 23rd 03 10:20 AM

photos of old/closed tube stops

Andrew P Smith wrote:

In article , David Baxter
[...]