Old October 19th 03, 09:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Another Tube derailment - Camden Town

Sky News are reporting another Tube derailment, this time at Camden Town,
affecting the Bank branch of the Northern Line. They mentioned "walking
wounded".

Old October 19th 03, 10:02 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Nicholas F Hodder" wrote in message

Sky News are reporting another Tube derailment, this time at Camden
Town, affecting the Bank branch of the Northern Line. They mentioned
"walking wounded".

The two recent Tube derailments have both been on JNP tracks -- are these
maintained by Jarvis, which is a member of Tubelines?

Old October 19th 03, 10:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , Nicholas F
Hodder wrote:

Sky News are reporting another Tube derailment, this time at Camden Town,
affecting the Bank branch of the Northern Line. They mentioned "walking
wounded".

I was going to go to Tottenham Court Road today.. now I don't think I'll
bother. Bloody hell, what next?

Old October 19th 03, 10:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Nigel Pendse" wrote the following
in:

"Nicholas F Hodder" wrote in message

Sky News are reporting another Tube derailment, this time at
Camden Town, affecting the Bank branch of the Northern Line.
They mentioned "walking wounded".

The two recent Tube derailments have both been on JNP tracks --
are these maintained by Jarvis, which is a member of Tubelines?

Hmm, JNP tracks? So they manage the Jubilee, Northern and Piccadilly?

Jubilee: catastrophic signal failures
Piccadilly: derailment
Northern: derailment

And that's just in the past week! Is PPP really such a good idea?

--
message by Robin May, consumer of liquids
Hello. I'm one of those "roaring fascists of the left wing".

Hacker is to computer as boy racer is to Ford Escort.
Old October 19th 03, 11:03 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Is PPP really such a good idea?

Who, with anything called "brains" between their ears has actually argued that
P.P.P. is a good idea?

Marc.

Old October 19th 03, 11:03 AM posted to uk.transport.london

The two recent Tube derailments have both been on JNP tracks -- are these
maintained by Jarvis, which is a member of Tubelines?

I take it that you use the word "maintained" in its loosest sense!

Marc.
Old October 19th 03, 11:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Nigel Pendse wrote:
"Nicholas F Hodder" wrote in message

Sky News are reporting another Tube derailment, this time at Camden
Town, affecting the Bank branch of the Northern Line. They mentioned
"walking wounded".

BBCi News says 6 injured, one with a broken leg.

The two recent Tube derailments have both been on JNP tracks -- are
these maintained by Jarvis, which is a member of Tubelines?

The Hammersmith/Barons Court derailment was on track maintained by Metronet
SSL, as it's a part of the line where there are both District and Piccadilly
tracks. Metronet SSL were also the maintainer of the track at Chiswick
Park, where an engineering train was derailed earlier this year, though to
be fair that wasn't long after they took over.
--
Richard J.

Old October 19th 03, 12:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Nigel Pendse
writes

Sky News are reporting another Tube derailment, this time at Camden
Town, affecting the Bank branch of the Northern Line. They mentioned
"walking wounded".

The two recent Tube derailments have both been on JNP tracks -- are these
maintained by Jarvis, which is a member of Tubelines?

Where the Picc train derailed is on the part of the track maintained by
Metronet as part of SSL.
Old October 19th 03, 01:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 19 Oct 2003 10:23:03 GMT, Robin May
wrote:

"Nigel Pendse" wrote the following
in:
The two recent Tube derailments have both been on JNP tracks --
are these maintained by Jarvis, which is a member of Tubelines?

Hmm, JNP tracks? So they manage the Jubilee, Northern and Piccadilly?

Jubilee: catastrophic signal failures
Piccadilly: derailment

I would point out, for the sake of accuracy, that Metronet maintain the
tracks where the Piccadilly Line train derailed.
--
Paul C