Old October 19th 03, 11:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Last running train line?

I was told the Piccadilly Line is the latest running tube line... It
finishes the last each night, is this true?
--
Many Thanks

Gunjani
Success consists of doing the common things of life
uncommonly well.
-- Anonymous

Old October 20th 03, 12:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Gunjani wrote:
I was told the Piccadilly Line is the latest running tube line... It
finishes the last each night, is this true?

The District is currently the last one to finish (last eastbound train
reaches Upminster at 01:32). The Piccadilly is the last of the deep-bored
tube lines to finish (Uxbridge, 01:30).

--
Richard J.

Old October 20th 03, 10:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london
dan dan is offline

"Richard J." wrote in message ...
Gunjani wrote:
I was told the Piccadilly Line is the latest running tube line... It
finishes the last each night, is this true?

The District is currently the last one to finish (last eastbound train
reaches Upminster at 01:32). The Piccadilly is the last of the deep-bored
tube lines to finish (Uxbridge, 01:30).

And the last line to be running in the centre (zones one and two) must
be the East London Line - It's last southbound service starts at 1am!
Old October 20th 03, 04:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Joe Joe is offline

I was told the Piccadilly Line is the latest running tube line

Whoever who has been telling you all these tube stories is just plain
terrible
--
To reply direct, remove NOSPAM and replace with railwaysonline
For Train Information, The Latest News & Best photos around check out the

Old October 20th 03, 05:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

dan wrote:
"Richard J." wrote in message
Gunjani wrote:
I was told the Piccadilly Line is the latest running tube line... It
finishes the last each night, is this true?

The District is currently the last one to finish (last eastbound
train reaches Upminster at 01:32). The Piccadilly is the last of
the deep-bored tube lines to finish (Uxbridge, 01:30).

And the last line to be running in the centre (zones one and two) must
be the East London Line - It's last southbound service starts at 1am!

The last departure from Whitechapel is actually at 00:59, arriving at New
Cross at 01:11, but there is a connection at Canada Water to a later service
that arrives at New Cross Gate at 01:15. That is indeed the last service in
Zone 2.
--
Richard J.