Old August 10th 09, 12:47 PM posted to uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london

Default Routemaster registrations

gurgled happily, sounding much like they were
saying:

Though oddly there do seem to be a number of buses with scots
registrations.

Not at all odd - Alexander Dennis are based in Scotland.

Old August 10th 09, 12:54 PM posted to uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london

On 10 Aug 2009 12:47:32 GMT
Adrian wrote:

gurgled happily, sounding much like they were
saying:

Though oddly there do seem to be a number of buses with scots
registrations.

Not at all odd - Alexander Dennis are based in Scotland.

My car was built in germany. It doesn't have german plates.

B2003

Old August 10th 09, 01:07 PM posted to uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london

On 10 Aug 2009 13:05:06 GMT
Adrian wrote:

gurgled happily, sounding much like they were
saying:

Though oddly there do seem to be a number of buses with scots
registrations.

Not at all odd - Alexander Dennis are based in Scotland.

My car was built in germany. It doesn't have german plates.

sigh
Here's a clue for you.
There's a chain of local dealers for your marque of off-the-shelf car.
There's not a chain of local dealers for built-to-order buses.

Ok , so how come some buses have london plates then? Last time I looked there
weren't any bus builders within the M25. And what about mercedes buses built
in germany?

B2003

Old August 10th 09, 01:16 PM posted to uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london

On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 13:07:43 +0000 (UTC),
wrote:
And what about mercedes buses built
in germany?

I expect they will be transported over on lorries, or driven over on
temporary German plates, then registered after arrival in London.

Old August 10th 09, 01:47 PM posted to uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london

On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 14:18:29 +0100
rail wrote:
Ok , so how come some buses have london plates then?

Routemasters were built at Park Royal.

How many routemasters have you heard of being registered since 2001? I was
talking about plenty of other modern buses and coaches I've seen with london
plates.

B2003

Old August 10th 09, 03:31 PM posted to uk.transport.buses,uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On 10 Aug, 15:23, rail wrote:

rail wrote:
Ok , so how come some buses have london plates then?

Routemasters were built at Park Royal.

How many routemasters have you heard of being registered since 2001?

There's probably been a couple...

I was *talking about plenty of other modern buses and coaches I've seen
with london *plates.

I gather some RM registrations have been transferred to more modern vehicles.

That they have, which came up at the beginning of the thread.
Somewhere above I suggested that some of Arriva's MA bendys have got
them. Plenty of other things too.