London Banter

-   -   Routemaster registrations (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/8950-routemaster-registrations.html)

Adrian August 10th 09 03:45 PM

Routemaster registrations

Ivor Jones gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying:

The bendy-buses on the 453 from Marylebone have Birmingham plates.

Makes sense. EvoBus are based in Coventry.

[email protected] August 10th 09 04:09 PM

Routemaster registrations

In article ,
(Bruce) wrote:

That's true. You would need a more detailed knowledge of the British
registration system to detect cars that are registered in London.

Arguably no longer true. All plates LA-LY locality indicator are from
London so not exactly hard to spot.

It isn't hard to get a UK registration from elsewhere than where you live
nowadays, like where the dealer is located, however.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

[email protected] January 25th 18 03:33 PM

Routemaster registrations

On Monday, August 10, 2009 at 12:09:11 PM UTC-4, wrote:
In article ,
(Bruce) wrote:

That's true. You would need a more detailed knowledge of the British
registration system to detect cars that are registered in London.

Arguably no longer true. All plates LA-LY locality indicator are from
London so not exactly hard to spot.

It isn't hard to get a UK registration from elsewhere than where you live
nowadays, like where the dealer is located, however.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

I took a photo of an RM with 257 KFF registration at Golders Green route 139 Any info on this?

Robin[_4_] January 25th 18 03:42 PM

On 25/01/2018 16:33, wrote:

I took a photo of an RM with 257 KFF registration at Golders Green route 139 Any info on this?

ITYM KFF 257. If so see eg
http://www.countrybus.org/RM/RM7g06.html

--
Robin

[email protected] May 26th 18 03:33 AM

Routemaster registrations

VLT 13 is now( 25/05/2918,) on a Dark Red Volvo Estate
Car in Essex, see it very often early in the mornings on
A 127 London bound
It’s particularly nostalgic for me as I have a photo of me as a newly qualified LT bus driver in 1971 , in the cab of RM13
Matching VLT 13 as all VLT plates matched originality

[email protected] July 30th 18 01:36 PM

Routemaster registrations

RML 885 was a 30 foot bus, part of the first experimental batch of 24, 880 to 903.