London Banter

-   -   Oystercard & ThamesLink (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/903-oystercard-thameslink.html)

Joel October 23rd 03 02:26 PM

Oystercard & ThamesLink

Hi,

Is it possible to use an Oystercard with Thameslink services. I've got
a Zone 1/2 Travelcard on my Oystercard and was wondering if I can go
to and from Zone 2 on the Thameslink trains... The oystercard website
doesn't say this explicitly, though.

Joel

Phil Richards October 23rd 03 06:40 PM

Oystercard & ThamesLink

On 23 Oct 2003 07:26:39 -0700 Joel said...

Is it possible to use an Oystercard with Thameslink services. I've got
a Zone 1/2 Travelcard on my Oystercard and was wondering if I can go
to and from Zone 2 on the Thameslink trains... The oystercard website
doesn't say this explicitly, though.

Travelcards (regardless of the format they are issued as) are valid on
all Underground, National Rail & bus services within the zones covered.

--
Phil Richards
London, N4

Colin October 23rd 03 07:15 PM

Oystercard & ThamesLink

"Joel" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

Is it possible to use an Oystercard with Thameslink services. I've got
a Zone 1/2 Travelcard on my Oystercard and was wondering if I can go
to and from Zone 2 on the Thameslink trains... The oystercard website
doesn't say this explicitly, though.

Joel

You can travel on Thameslink trains between West Hampstead (in the North)
and London Bridge or Herne Hill (in the south) with a Zone 1 & 2 travelcard,
be it on an Oystercard or not.

Ticket inspectors almost certainly won't have the necessary card readers
however, so you should just show them the oyster card if required.

Colin

Paul Corfield October 23rd 03 07:56 PM

Oystercard & ThamesLink

On 23 Oct 2003 07:26:39 -0700, (Joel) wrote:

Hi,

Is it possible to use an Oystercard with Thameslink services. I've got
a Zone 1/2 Travelcard on my Oystercard and was wondering if I can go
to and from Zone 2 on the Thameslink trains... The oystercard website
doesn't say this explicitly, though.

You can use all services (bus, tube, national rail, docklands) within
Zones 1 and 2 that would be accepted with an old style magnetic ticket.
There are no validity differences just because the ticket media is
different - it's the ticket product (Travelcard or Bus Pass or LT Card
or whatever) that defines where and what you can travel on.
--
Paul C