London Banter

-   -   'Metroland' - BBC4 Wed 5 Novemeber (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/940-metroland-bbc4-wed-5-novemeber.html)

Nick Cooper 625 October 28th 03 04:16 PM

'Metroland' - BBC4 Wed 5 Novemeber

Just a "heads up" that John Betjeman's poetic meditation on the
development of the Metropolitan Railway is on digital satellite/cable
channel BBC4 at 22:10 next Wednesday (9 November). AFAIK, this is its
first screening since BBC2's 'London Weekend' in January 1993.

Stimpy October 28th 03 04:40 PM

Nick Cooper 625 wrote:
Just a "heads up" that John Betjeman's poetic meditation on the
development of the Metropolitan Railway is on digital satellite/cable
channel BBC4 at 22:10 next Wednesday (9 November). AFAIK, this is its
first screening since BBC2's 'London Weekend' in January 1993.

Ooo... Is anyone able/willing to grab it to mpeg for sharing? :-)

Peter Beale October 28th 03 05:52 PM

'Metroland' - BBC4 Wed 5 Novemeber

In article , (Nick Cooper 625) wrote:

next Wednesday (9 November)

You were right in the subject line! Thanks for the pointer.

--
Peter Beale

Brian Watson October 28th 03 07:49 PM

"Stimpy" wrote in message
Nick Cooper 625 wrote:
Just a "heads up" that John Betjeman's poetic meditation on the
development of the Metropolitan Railway is on digital satellite/cable
channel BBC4 at 22:10 next Wednesday (9 November). AFAIK, this is its
first screening since BBC2's 'London Weekend' in January 1993.

Ooo... Is anyone able/willing to grab it to mpeg for sharing? :-)

Do the Beeb do that anyway, as they do for many radio programmes?
--
Brian
"Style advisor to the seasonally-challenged"

Stimpy October 28th 03 11:04 PM

Brian Watson wrote:
"Stimpy" wrote in message
Nick Cooper 625 wrote:
Just a "heads up" that John Betjeman's poetic meditation on the
development of the Metropolitan Railway is on digital
satellite/cable channel BBC4 at 22:10 next Wednesday (9 November).
AFAIK, this is its first screening since BBC2's 'London Weekend' in
January 1993.

Ooo... Is anyone able/willing to grab it to mpeg for sharing? :-)

Do the Beeb do that anyway, as they do for many radio programmes?

I don't think so. They often put radio programmes up for a while as
streaming audio but I've never seen it done for complete TV programmes

Nick Cooper October 29th 03 07:54 AM

'Metroland' - BBC4 Wed 5 Novemeber

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 18:52 +0000 (GMT Standard Time),
(Peter Beale) wrote:

In article ,
(Nick Cooper 625) wrote:

next Wednesday (9 November)

You were right in the subject line! Thanks for the pointer.

D'oh!
--
Nick Cooper

The London Underground at War:
http://www.cwgcuser.org.uk/personal/...ra/lu/tuaw.htm
625-Online - classic British television:
http://www.625.org.uk
'Things to Come' - An Incomplete Classic:
http://www.thingstocome.org.uk