London Banter

-   -   Smoke on the water (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/9405-smoke-water.html)

Just zis Guy, you know? September 11th 09 04:58 PM

Smoke on the water

What's that big plume of smoke over East London / Essex?
--
Guy

Mizter T September 11th 09 05:33 PM

Smoke on the water

On Sep 11, 5:58*pm, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:
What's that big plume of smoke over East London / Essex?

A WW2 bomb that was found during construction in the Olympic Park (in
one of the canals I think) was defused a bit earlier on, so that might
have been it.

Just zis Guy, you know? September 12th 09 02:28 PM

Smoke on the water

wrote:
What's that big plume of smoke over East London / Essex?

A WW2 bomb that was found during construction in the Olympic Park (in
one of the canals I think) was defused a bit earlier on, so that might
have been it.

Don't think so, there was a huge pall of smoke out towards Dartford,
the other direction form the stadium.
--
Guy