London Banter

-   -   Tufnell Park Modernisation (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/954-tufnell-park-modernisation.html)

Chz October 31st 03 11:16 AM

Tufnell Park Modernisation

After my first ride through Tufnell Park in a few weeks, I noticed
that the northbound platform has had all of its tiling torn off. A
quick look over at http://tube.tfl.gov.uk/ppp/index.asp tells me that
the station is to be "modernised" by 2005.

What does that mean? Are they finally going to have ticket barriers?
Will it get new tiling in the way that Camden Town, Mornington
Crescent and Warren Street have or will it be a less sympathetic
treatment? More like Euston or (god forbid) Old Street? I'm not
terribly opposed to putiing metal sheets all over it when it's done
well. The ELL has some nice artwork on some of the platforms using
this style, but they did no such thing at London Bridge. Personally,
I'd like to see the original station motif retained even though
Tufnell Park's colours weren't amongst the nicest. At least it doesn't
look like Archway.