London Banter

-   -   Imperial Wharf (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/9548-imperial-wharf.html)

Paul Scott September 27th 09 09:56 AM

Imperial Wharf

Anyone been to check out Imperial Wharf (IMW) yet? Live departures shows a
service AFAICS...

Paul S

Mr Thant September 27th 09 12:25 PM

Imperial Wharf

On 27 Sep, 10:56, "Paul Scott" wrote:
Anyone been to check out Imperial Wharf (IMW) yet? Live departures shows a
service AFAICS...

Am there right now. The last train to leave was a "Connex" service to
Watford Junction according to the automated tannoy. The Connex
Electrostars also haven't been programmed with the station location
yet, so it takes three minutes to open the doors.

Basil Jet September 27th 09 12:32 PM

Imperial Wharf

Mr Thant wrote:

The Connex
Electrostars also haven't been programmed with the station location
yet, so it takes three minutes to open the doors.

LOL.

[email protected] September 27th 09 07:31 PM

Imperial Wharf

On Sun, 27 Sep 2009 05:25:58 -0700 (PDT)
Mr Thant wrote:
On 27 Sep, 10:56, "Paul Scott" wrote:
Anyone been to check out Imperial Wharf (IMW) yet? Live departures shows a
service AFAICS...

Am there right now. The last train to leave was a "Connex" service to
Watford Junction according to the automated tannoy. The Connex
Electrostars also haven't been programmed with the station location
yet, so it takes three minutes to open the doors.

Thank god for technology eh , otherwise people who have to be treated for
shock when the doors open in mere seconds.

B2003

MIG September 27th 09 08:14 PM

Imperial Wharf

Mr Thant wrote:
On 27 Sep, 10:56, "Paul Scott" wrote:
Anyone been to check out Imperial Wharf (IMW) yet? Live departures shows a
service AFAICS...

Am there right now. The last train to leave was a "Connex" service to
Watford Junction according to the automated tannoy. The Connex
Electrostars also haven't been programmed with the station location
yet, so it takes three minutes to open the doors.

Thank god for technology eh , otherwise people who have to be treated for
shock when the doors open in mere seconds.

B2003

Does any of this explain why I saw a 378 at Clapham Junction today, or
is that normal now? I thought they were only doing a few NLL diagrams.

Paul Scott September 27th 09 11:19 PM

Imperial Wharf

"MIG" wrote in message

Does any of this explain why I saw a 378 at Clapham Junction today, or
is that normal now? I thought they were only doing a few NLL diagrams.

There have been services into Clapham Junction since the first day of
service. There are joint NLL & WLL diagrams, to allow for the peak
Stratford - Clapham through services. It is the DC lines that hadn't seen a
378 in service, until the end of last week anyway...

Paul S

MIG September 28th 09 08:43 AM

Imperial Wharf

On 28 Sep, 00:19, "Paul Scott" wrote:
"MIG" wrote in message

Does any of this explain why I saw a 378 at Clapham Junction today, or
is that normal now? *I thought they were only doing a few NLL diagrams.

There have been services into Clapham Junction since the first day of
service. *There are joint *NLL & WLL diagrams, to allow for the peak
Stratford - Clapham through services. It is the DC lines that hadn't seen a
378 in service, until the end of last week anyway...

Yes, I guess it would be difficult to avoid given the joint diagrams.
I didn't know if the through workings required joint diagrams or were
still self-contained.

Jamie Thompson September 28th 09 11:19 AM

Imperial Wharf

"MIG" wrote in message

Does any of this explain why I saw a 378 at Clapham Junction today, or
is that normal now? *I thought they were only doing a few NLL diagrams.

There have been services into Clapham Junction since the first day of
service. *There are joint *NLL & WLL diagrams, to allow for the peak
Stratford - Clapham through services. It is the DC lines that hadn't seen a
378 in service, until the end of last week anyway...

Paul S

Yes, got quite a shock on my way north from H&W last week when that
shot past in the dark around Hatch End!

David Cantrell September 28th 09 11:31 AM

Imperial Wharf

On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 10:56:11AM +0100, Paul Scott wrote:
Anyone been to check out Imperial Wharf (IMW) yet? Live departures shows a
service AFAICS...

My train stopped there this morning. I was surprised how many people
were using the station. I was not at all surprised at the blast of
cool air into the train when they opened the doors. Not looking forward
to the winter!

--
David Cantrell | top google result for "internet beard fetish club"

Blessed are the pessimists, for they test their backups

[email protected] September 28th 09 03:43 PM

Imperial Wharf

David Cantrell wrote:
On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 10:56:11AM +0100, Paul Scott wrote:
Anyone been to check out Imperial Wharf (IMW) yet? Live departures shows a
service AFAICS...

My train stopped there this morning. I was surprised how many people
were using the station. I was not at all surprised at the blast of
cool air into the train when they opened the doors. Not looking forward
to the winter!

They would obviously turn off the air-conditioning.