Old November 1st 03, 10:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Archway Road- Northbond

Anyone know why there is a set of traffic lights just past the speed camera
on the Archway Road- Northbound just under suicide bridge ?

The sign says bus priority signals or something but there is a bus lane to
the left of the lights and all the way up the road for at least a mile.

Have the lights been left there since before the red route and bus lane...
which is active 24 hours a day 7 days a week?

I've noticed that even at 4am if there is a bus anywhere between the lights
and speed camera the lights will change to Red until the bus passes .

--
Victor

Old November 4th 03, 08:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Victor wrote in message
Anyone know why there is a set of traffic lights just past the speed

camera
on the Archway Road- Northbound just under suicide bridge ?

The sign says bus priority signals or something but there is a bus lane to
the left of the lights and all the way up the road for at least a mile.

Have the lights been left there since before the red route and bus lane...
which is active 24 hours a day 7 days a week?

I've noticed that even at 4am if there is a bus anywhere between the

lights
and speed camera the lights will change to Red until the bus passes .

--
Victor

I must admit they are a waste of time! and yes I have gone through a red
light once (late at night).

They use a similar lights/system elsewhere (A5 Edgware) to allow buses to
cross the traffic but they can only go forward plus 5 metres after the
lights there is a large bus stop!

daveF