London Banter

-   -   Beck map poster (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/9666-beck-map-poster.html)

Michael Hoffman[_3_] October 14th 09 01:59 PM

Beck map poster

Hi everyone,

It has been quite some time since I wrote to this group, since I moved
to the U.S. more than a year ago. When I lived in England, someone gave
me a 27' x 20' "Beck map" poster acquired from the London Transport
Museum shop. It unfortunately didn't hold up so well to the move. Does
anyone know if the shop still sells this, or other posters of Harry
Beck's map? They don't seem to list this one on their web site, but then
again, I don't think they did at the time either.

Michael Hoffman

Sam Holloway[_2_] October 15th 09 04:46 PM

Beck map poster

On 14 Oct, 14:59, Michael Hoffman wrote:
It has been quite some time since I wrote to this group, since I moved
to the U.S. more than a year ago. When I lived in England, someone gave
me a 27' x 20' "Beck map" poster acquired from the London Transport
Museum shop. It unfortunately didn't hold up so well to the move. Does
anyone know if the shop still sells this, or other posters of Harry
Beck's map? They don't seem to list this one on their web site, but then
again, I don't think they did at the time either.

When I got mine in 2001, I phoned the shop and asked direct. It wasn't
a common stock item but they were able to help. The tube map listed on
the website is a smaller version and not the full-sized version seen
in stations.

Sam