London Banter

-   -   New Tottenham Hotspur stadium.... (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/9811-new-tottenham-hotspur-stadium.html)

Martin Petrov October 28th 09 11:35 AM

New Tottenham Hotspur stadium....

I've not managed to find paricularly well detailed info on it but I
assume that if they were to build a stadium that was 60% more than
their existing capacity, then they'd be on the hook for some pretty
dramatic improvements to the local transport?

I know Arsenal have got away without doing a whole great lot but
getting to Highbury was never that tough anyway and options to go NSEW
within a relatively short walk, and WHL has always been a bit of a
nightmare to get to and from, with the only real option being to walk
down the High Road to Seven Sisters. Is there going to be a proper
extension to the Victoria Line up to Northumberland Park?

Basil Jet October 28th 09 12:21 PM

Martin Petrov wrote:
I've not managed to find paricularly well detailed info on it but I
assume that if they were to build a stadium that was 60% more than
their existing capacity, then they'd be on the hook for some pretty
dramatic improvements to the local transport?

I know Arsenal have got away without doing a whole great lot but
getting to Highbury was never that tough anyway and options to go NSEW
within a relatively short walk, and WHL has always been a bit of a
nightmare to get to and from, with the only real option being to walk
down the High Road to Seven Sisters. Is there going to be a proper
extension to the Victoria Line up to Northumberland Park?

No. Among other things, the fact that the depot is on the wrong side of the
level crossing was considered an issue.
http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/futu.../location.html

Martin Petrov October 28th 09 01:54 PM

New Tottenham Hotspur stadium....

No. Among other things, the fact that the depot is on the wrong side of the
level crossing was considered an issue.http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/futu.../location.html

Thanks.

That's a little disappointing, as (as I mentioned before) I find
getting in and out of WHL to be pretty crap and to build a bigger
ground wouldn't help that.... Hoped this would be a great opportunity
for something radical to be proposed to sort it all out.

Interesting that Northumberland Park is denied since it's on the wrong
side of the train line, given if they're expecting to use
Northumberland Park heavily, then people still have to cross the
railway line to get the train to L'pool St. Also, having come out of
Wigan's 10 year old stadium a few weeks back and having to cross the
neighbouring canal via one small (pitifully inadequate) bridge with
25000 others to get back into the town, it seems strange that they'd
not think that something that COULD make a big difference to getting
people out with tunnels or bridges. Anyway....!