London Banter

-   -   Good Riddance to Connex (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/986-good-riddance-connex.html)

John Rowland November 9th 03 12:58 AM

Good Riddance to Connex

About 1 more minute to go, and they will be gone. May they never darken our
platforms again.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

James Farrar November 9th 03 07:35 AM

Good Riddance to Connex

"John Rowland" wrote:

About 1 more minute to go, and they will be gone. May they never darken our
platforms again.

I have a problem now. "Connex" is a word quite easily used as an
expletive[1]... with what should I replace it?

[1] "Sorry I'm late, *CONNEX!*" is all that needs said, with the word
Connex effectively growled...

--
James Farrar |
London, SE13 |

Mait001 November 9th 03 05:22 PM

Good Riddance to Connex

As I have stated on pervious occasions, I am a barrister. I am the contributor
to several legal practice volumes called "Atkin's Court Forms" and these
contain "model" legal pleadings for lawyers to adapt in their own cases. In the
current volume of "Trespass to the Person", where I have drafted a model
dealing with false imprisonment of a passenger by a railway official, the
fictional title of the railway company is "X.Y. Trains plc". In the previous
edition, I had managed to slip in "Connem Trains plc" but I think the
publishers were worried about the connection between "Connem" and "Connex",
hence the more anodyne name now used. Pity!

Marc.

Andrew P Smith November 9th 03 05:29 PM

Good Riddance to Connex

In article , Mait001
writes
false imprisonment of a passenger by a railway official,

Now that I would like to see!
--
Andrew
Electronic communications can be altered and therefore the integrity of this

Billy November 9th 03 10:18 PM

Good Riddance to Connex

ConneX have just signed a Single Union deal with SIPTU (Irelands largest
Trades Union) to cover Tram Drivers on Dublins shiny new LUAS LRT system due
to begin operations next summer.
The terms of the deal as reported are VERY attractive with a starting rate
of ?29K P.A.
The "only" downside is a No-Strike clause and binding arbitration...
Now given the views expressed in this thread.....Should I be
worried....?????

Paul Weaver November 9th 03 11:04 PM

Good Riddance to Connex

On Sun, 09 Nov 2003 23:18:07 +0000, Billy wrote:

ConneX have just signed a Single Union deal with SIPTU (Irelands largest
Trades Union) to cover Tram Drivers on Dublins shiny new LUAS LRT system due
to begin operations next summer.
The terms of the deal as reported are VERY attractive with a starting rate
of ?29K P.A.
The "only" downside is a No-Strike clause and binding arbitration...
Now given the views expressed in this thread.....Should I be
worried....?????

Over a no strike clause? Or over exuberant pay. If the Irish are anything
like the Brits they'll ignore legally binding contracts and strike anyway,
not much you can do.

james007 November 18th 03 10:36 PM

Good Riddance to Connex

Mait001 wrote:

As I have stated on pervious occasions, I am a barrister.

Pervious occasions?

Say no more...