London Banter

-   -   Overnight cycle storage at King's Cross St Pancras (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/9912-overnight-cycle-storage-kings-cross.html)

Tom Anderson November 9th 09 11:17 AM

Overnight cycle storage at King's Cross St Pancras

Me again!

Finsbury Park - Leagrave today and Leagrave - Moorgate - Finsbury Park
tomorrow looks a lot easier if i can use my bike inside the zones instead
of LU. I can cycle to St Pancras this evening, leave my bike there, come
back tomorrow, then cycle to Moorgate.

Is there anywhere sensible to leave a bike at KXSP?

NR's info for StP is encouraging but ultimately unhelpful:

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/statio...ransport_Links

Although it's better for KX:

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/statio...ransport_Links

An article by Camden Cyclists days it's super dreadful:

http://www.camdencyclists.org.uk/cam...-demo-11-14-10

But that may be out of date.

So does anyone have recent firsthand knowledge of cycle storage at either
station (and they're close enough that it's silly not to consider them
separately)? Will i find a space? Will my bike get nicked? Or rather, is
it more or less likely to get nicked than if i'd left it locked to a
lamp-post somewhere?

tom

--
But in natural sciences whose conclusions are true and necessary and
have nothing to do with human will, one must take care not to place