Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Tim S Kemp
Forum: London Transport January 10th 05, 11:00 PM
Replies: 61
Posted By Tim S Kemp
Yearly Season Ticket For Part Time Workers?

Dave Plumb wrote:
You can buy an "impersonal season", which costs 50% more than the
equivalent Adult rate season ticket, but, as its name suggests,
allows any number of people to use it...
Forum: London Transport January 10th 05, 10:47 PM
Replies: 61
Posted By Tim S Kemp
Yearly Season Ticket For Part Time Workers?

wrote:
My wife and I both work in London and comute from Kent on South East
Trains, the yearly season ticket costs about £1400 each.

One problem that this is thrown up...
Forum: London Transport November 16th 04, 10:34 PM
Replies: 277
Posted By Tim S Kemp
Eurostar to quit Waterloo

Alex Terrell wrote:
The Daily Telegraph reports that Eurostar will quit Waterloo in 2007.

Who cares?

1. It's a train.
2. It goes to France

Forum: London Transport July 20th 04, 06:44 AM
Replies: 184
Posted By Tim S Kemp
Everything we know about traffic-calming is wrong

Steph Peters wrote:
Another consideration is that Autobahn speed limits are perceived to
be actively enforced. One of my German friends was caught by a camera
exceeding a limit, fined and is...
Forum: London Transport December 22nd 03, 10:42 PM
Replies: 360
Posted By Tim S Kemp
reducing congestion

Besides, houses are a form of investment, which is only accessible to the
very rich.

Not at all. Easy thing to do is rent a cheap flat to live in, buy a small
house that's run down, do all the...
Forum: London Transport December 22nd 03, 10:40 PM
Replies: 360
Posted By Tim S Kemp
reducing congestion

The richest people in this country are Estate agents and Lawyers, and they
get rich by screwing other people.

Can you count prostitutes in that description?
Forum: London Transport December 22nd 03, 07:22 PM
Replies: 360
Posted By Tim S Kemp
reducing congestion

errrr, no. The only thing driving up house prices is greed.

Correct - if the banks can't make money by high interest rates they'll do it
by smaller rates on bigger loans!
Forum: London Transport December 22nd 03, 07:07 PM
Replies: 360
Posted By Tim S Kemp
reducing congestion

Less controversially, isn't it time that second homes attracted the normal
(ie non-discount) rate of council tax?

only if occupied - as council tax is meant to pay for services and an...
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Forum Jump